Hi, Just started to use the blackberry desktop software, and was wondering if there was ... General Blackberry forum

maleboog no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D03BB7

Any other Address Programs?

Advertisement

Hi,

Just started to use the blackberry desktop software, and was wondering if there was any other programs out there for snyc between the pc and the blackberry.
    I use Outlook and it invaribably screws up the wording on the contact when I sync it. I also cannot set up outlook to be like the blackberry addresss book, so I am not sure the information is going to the same place (it always gets jumbled, and end up re-writing the address stuff in the black berry

Thanks, and I know its a bit convuluted, but I have been searching for like 3 hours and my brain is fried!!

Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    The Blackberry Desktop Manager will sync to several different PIMs. I have never had a problem similar to your description and I have used Blackberries and Outlook for over a year now. By chance, did you try changing the mapping settings when you set up your sync options?

Sorry, I can't help more.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4
    I hate when I enter a contact on my Blackberry (8700) and it does the 'file as', as LastName/FirstName. Where as in Outlook, I have it set to FirstName/LastName. Rather annoying...

I suppose I could wait, and just insert it in Outlook, and thus let it sync to the Blackberry, but...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Navilyn, Check Options/Language. There is a setting there for Name Display. See what that does. Or if you go to the Address book options and change the Sort By setting to First Name, it will show the First Name, Last Name.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4
    Thanks for that Rcbjr. I actually already had those options set. Am sure it does not 'always' happen, just annoying when it does...