Any help with display support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, etc characters? 常 寿司 맥주 ... General Blackberry forum

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question Any Asian Character Display Support? 常 寿司 맥주 เบียร์

Advertisement

Any help with display support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, etc characters? 常 寿司 맥주 เบียร์

When reading SMS, Email or viewing web pages it would be nice to see the real characters instead of ugly black boxes. I don't have any need to type in the alternate language, I just want basic viewing functionality.

Blackberry website has device software download page for their worldwide partners.
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Is it really necessary to download the China Mobile version of the BB handheld software to enable viewing Chinese characters? Or the AIS Thailand version of the BB handheld software to view Thai characters? There must be a simpler solution. Maybe a small ALX language pack file that is easily installed via BB Desktop Manager?

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~as far as I know that is one option the other is installing 4.5 os for your phone.

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I'm currently running the 4.5.0.81os from Vodaphone Australia. Still no dice.

Actually after some searching on other BB support forums I finally found a Chinese Font file.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=2

I used Desktop Manager to install the file and now I can finally see Chinese characters instead of little black boxes. Woohoo!

Please post up links if you can find or know about Thai, Japanese or Korean font files.
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 10-04-2008 at 10:18 PM.