Can anyone tell me an easy way, if any, to make the ring tones louder. ... General Blackberry forum

macksblackberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Another ring tone question

Advertisement

Can anyone tell me an easy way, if any, to make the ring tones louder. I have downloaded music to the phone and it will play plenty loud but when I try to use it as a ring tone it is significantly lower in volume. Also, does anyone know if there is a program to download that will continue to notify you of missed calls or text messages? The only reminder I can find on the existing software is the LED light flashing. I would like an audio tone as a reminder.

thx

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Click on the profiles icon, then go to advanced, then choose the profile thats active and edit it. In there you can make your phone alert you when getting a text message, you can also raise the volume of other alerts.

macksblackberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks.....I have done all this. The problem is the ring tone is not loud enough even on the loudest setting. There needs to be a very loud setting or something. As far as the text message goes. I have changed the notification tone and changed the reminder. The problem is that I can hear it when the phone is on me but if I were in a loud area and the vibrate function didn't notify me, there is no other reminder tone that I missed a call or got a text or voice mail. The only thing is the LED light...no audio. Any suggestions??? or other programs that may fix the problem.

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    Audacity. I believe its available for windows too. Select the section of the tune that you want to set as your tone (or download to your computer from the berry the one you want to use) and then Effect> Amplify. Just be sure not to set it up too high that you blow your speakers or something. I've made boatloads of tunes with Audacity... and amplified them as they dont come as loud as I want. Its free too.

ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    Audacity was the first program I ever recorded music on. They'll always be a special place in my heart for that program~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mack, I'm guessing you have an 8830? If so, they haven't fixed it yet! I downloaded Nextel ringers from CP's Ringtones (found in the Blackberry Ringtones thread here) and they are very loud. They are not music, they are monotone. But... I find music ringtones blend in with the background noise even when they are loud. I've used Audacity and it does work but the ringers are still not up to the volume of the Pearl or Curve.