When I load a backup, will it also load any and all settings? And if ... General Blackberry forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Another quick Back up question.

Advertisement

When I load a backup, will it also load any and all settings?

And if I do a individual application back up (by clicking "advanced" in the back up/restore menu) it will only load the files/settings for that application, correct?

I'm asking because I am thinking of upgrading my BB, but I want it fresh. As in no old applications and rubbish, but I want to be able to choose which apps I DO want, and I want my profile settings, SMS/MMS/Email settings, etc, back onto the phone.

Is this possible? Sorry if it's kind of a simple/stupid question, I just want to be sure!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    When I load a backup, will it also load any and all settings?

And if I do a individual application back up (by clicking "advanced" in the back up/restore menu) it will only load the files/settings for that application, correct?

I'm asking because I am thinking of upgrading my BB, but I want it fresh. As in no old applications and rubbish, but I want to be able to choose which apps I DO want, and I want my profile settings, SMS/MMS/Email settings, etc, back onto the phone.

Is this possible? Sorry if it's kind of a simple/stupid question, I just want to be sure!
    Back up and restore will back up 99% of the settings of your phone and restore them again. If you go to advanced in the back up and restore it will do the same thing if you restore all the databases. If you go into the advanced restore and only restore the info, (ie messages, address book, phone call logs etc and not message settings, address book settings etc.) then you will get a fresh phone with no custom settings and all your info on it. Hope it helps.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Thanks! I actually need the custom settings, but NOT the application settings, etc.

Thanks again.