What’s happening party peoples! New to the boards (and the bb world for that matter) ... General Blackberry forum

CivilE no está en línea Stack level 1

Another gmail question…

Advertisement

What’s happening party peoples! New to the boards (and the bb world for that matter) and haven’t been able to find a solution to this perplexing problem. I have all of my email addresses set up through BIS (T-mobile), but I keep getting a ‘follow up’ message with my gmail account. When I receive a message from gmail, I receive another message from ‘700’ Fwd to my gmail addy. Is this a delivery confirmation? Not sure how to get rid of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:cheers:

CivilE

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: Another gmail question…

Welcome to pinstack,
    Gmail is unique in the fact that it treats sent mail the same as recieved email. What you need to do in BIS is setup a filter that doesn't delivery email to your Blackberry if you are the sender.
    That should help
    I'm BIS on Cingular with gmail. T-mobile might be a bit different
    good luck

I've tried that. However it is not just for messages that I send, but for every message that I recieve as well as send via gmail. Thanks for the help!

CivilE

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

try to find something that is unique or consistant in the message and setup a filter in BIS to handle it

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706

I got the follow up message for all the email's I was sending, the fix for that was to set up the filter to not receive messages from myself.

I doubt this is your issue, but I was also having my GMAIL forwarded from my GMAIL account. I just had to turn off mail forwarding to my blackberry in GMAIL and that finished it.

I don't know why I didn't notice this before, but the follow up message is an SMS (I just realized that from the notification sound that I had set for SMS). Strange...

Smile Re: Another gmail question…

Still have not been able to figure this one out yet. Anyone else experience this, or have any suggestions?

CivilE