Hey guys. I have an annoying bookmark that keeps popping up under downloads, how do ... General Blackberry forum

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)

annoying weather bookmark?

Advertisement

Hey guys. I have an annoying bookmark that keeps popping up under downloads, how do I get it to permanently go away?
    I keep ha

I
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    You have the icon right, your best bet is hide it, this a service book pushed for your carrier...

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    or just remove the mark from the service books in the options and then advanced options and then under service book

also go here if u dont understand the above text - http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/461009/blog1376.html - i did a video showing u what to do to remove other icons u will have to look for the weather one tho

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Even if you delete the service book it will come back with each battery pull/reboot. Might as well just hide 'em.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Even if you delete the service book it will come back with each battery pull/reboot. Might as well just hide 'em.
    That's true. What's the point if the carrier is going to push it back every time - like FB, if you don't use that, etc.

Just curious, are there any that can be removed and don't get pushed back? Most of the ones you don't need that will stay away can be deleted/unselected via DM as far as I know. Is there anything I'm overlooking?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)
    Yeah I will just hide it, that sounds like the smartest thing to do.

New question, I really want to keep up with BGR, what's the best way to that? With a RSS Feed app? If so, what's the best? I looked at Viigo, but didn't have time to make a decision on it... Any thoughts?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Viigo's a great app for news/rss feeds. It's my personal favorite.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

I have the BGR RSS on a couple of apps but I end up seeing a lot of it, and I think the most important to me, on Pinstack because I forget (or don't have time to) check the feeds every day.

There are too many things to do in a day! :d
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    The 3 things I removed don't come back tell I resend books. But when I do a bat pull or run quickpull nothin comes back

Quote Originally Posted by brianjr1988 View Post
    The 3 things I removed don't come back tell I resend books. But when I do a bat pull or run quickpull nothin comes back
    Brian, bat pull and quickpull are aps/procedures that I'm unfamiliar with so I'm probably better off not trying to do it. Personally I can get by just hiding the icons - I've got plenty of memory to spare so it's not critical to me. Thanks.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 07-05-2009 at 03:39 PM.