Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dear Blackberry, Please grow up, I am sick and tired of having other people flash ... General Blackberry forum

drcapable no está en línea Stack level 1

Post An open letter from a Blackberry user

Advertisement

Dear Blackberry,
    Please grow up, I am sick and tired of having other people flash the latest and greatest thing their phone can do in my face and all I have to fall back on is how quickly I can send and receive emails. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Blackberry, I have owned a Blackberry in one form or another since 2001, but frankly, its getting kind of embarrassing and you need to do something. Phone envy is slowly draining my willpower and you haven't given me anything to look forward to.
    Let me be clear, I don’t have a problem with my Blackberry, in fact it works great and that’s why I still have it. The battery life is out of this world, the keyboard is unbeatable, my phone doesn’t crash every 3 hours, I have access to over 10,000 apps and themes, we have our own IM client (how cool is that), I can do 3 or more things at once, Email Email Email, my phone is indestructible, my phone does EVERYTHING, the platform is open, there’s a huge following of bloggers and developers who have been working with you for years, so i can find the answer to just about any question I have.
    Here’s my issue, every time somebody brags about the cool thing their phone can do, I quickly whip out my Blackberry and say almost verbatim, “I can do that too, ok its loading, wait, after the hourglass, yea I know it’s hard to see look closer, that’s because it’s a smaller screen, okay it doesn’t look exactly like yours but that’s because it’s a beta version.” Then I sadly put my phone, and my self-worth away and play with their device. I am running out of excuses, my defenses are basically paper thin. I’m developing carpal tunnel from demonstrating that I can type 30 words per minute on my blackberry to compensate for its lack of other features.
    It’s not only me, others have mentioned this before, that’s why you made the Storm, I know I know, the Storm was an attempt, a humorous one but still you tried. The thing is you can do better, you're better than the Blackberry Flip, honestly who were you aiming for with that?. Here is the problem: we’ve exhausted the form factor, and the OS is 9 years behind. You've used the same form factor since day one; full keyboard, screen, convenience keys, trackball, mute key, ports, that’s fine but everybody else has that, and they’ve managed to be creative along the way. I understand, it’s the old adage “if it aint broke don’t fix it” but there’s a new adage nowadays “look what my phone can do” and typing really fast, is just not that cool anymore.
    Here’s what I hope to see in our future, a real browser, a more up to date OS that doesn’t click, being able to play online content such as videos reliably, WIFI in all your models, and a new form factor. I know my requests may seem a bit ambitious but those are them, and if you're worried about losing your corporate customers over these changes, NEWS, they are starting to weight their options too. In closing, I love you and I want you around but you’re starting to embarrass me in public and well, “what would you do?”

Peace and much love,
    IntoGadget

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by drcapable View Post

Dear Blackberry,
    Please grow up, I am sick and tired of having other people flash the latest and greatest thing their phone can do in my face and all I have to fall back on is how quickly I can send and receive emails. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Blackberry, I have owned a Blackberry in one form or another since 2001, but frankly, its getting kind of embarrassing and you need to do something. Phone envy is slowly draining my willpower and you haven't given me anything to look forward to.
    Let me be clear, I don’t have a problem with my Blackberry, in fact it works great and that’s why I still have it. The battery life is out of this world, the keyboard is unbeatable, my phone doesn’t crash every 3 hours, I have access to over 10,000 apps and themes, we have our own IM client (how cool is that), I can do 3 or more things at once, Email Email Email, my phone is indestructible, my phone does EVERYTHING, the platform is open, there’s a huge following of bloggers and developers who have been working with you for years, so i can find the answer to just about any question I have.
    Here’s my issue, every time somebody brags about the cool thing their phone can do, I quickly whip out my Blackberry and say almost verbatim, “I can do that too, ok its loading, wait, after the hourglass, yea I know it’s hard to see look closer, that’s because it’s a smaller screen, okay it doesn’t look exactly like yours but that’s because it’s a beta version.” Then I sadly put my phone, and my self-worth away and play with their device. I am running out of excuses, my defenses are basically paper thin. I’m developing carpal tunnel from demonstrating that I can type 30 words per minute on my blackberry to compensate for its lack of other features.
    It’s not only me, others have mentioned this before, that’s why you made the Storm, I know I know, the Storm was an attempt, a humorous one but still you tried. The thing is you can do better, you're better than the Blackberry Flip, honestly who were you aiming for with that?. Here is the problem: we’ve exhausted the form factor, and the OS is 9 years behind. You've used the same form factor since day one; full keyboard, screen, convenience keys, trackball, mute key, ports, that’s fine but everybody else has that, and they’ve managed to be creative along the way. I understand, it’s the old adage “if it aint broke don’t fix it” but there’s a new adage nowadays “look what my phone can do” and typing really fast, is just not that cool anymore.
    Here’s what I hope to see in our future, a real browser, a more up to date OS that doesn’t click, being able to play online content such as videos reliably, WIFI in all your models, and a new form factor. I know my requests may seem a bit ambitious but those are them, and if you're worried about losing your corporate customers over these changes, NEWS, they are starting to weight their options too. In closing, I love you and I want you around but you’re starting to embarrass me in public and well, “what would you do?”

Peace and much love,
    IntoGadget
    Well my sentiments as well. But then I also notice and sense envy by all users of other platforms...!
    The grass is always greener on the other side !
    Let me add - BB forever, even when we feel a little left out !

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    And I'm one of the opposites who hopes they continue as they have been and not do any OS overhaul. I love it as is and will never stray unless they change to something new. Its like my favorite pair of jeans that I don't ever want to lose. Maybe a stitch or patch every now and then, but that's it! No new jeans for me!!

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I love it. A little harsh about my Storm but nevertheless, true. Haha "I can type really fast"

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
    And I'm one of the opposites who hopes they continue as they have been and not do any OS overhaul. I love it as is and will never stray unless they change to something new. Its like my favorite pair of jeans that I don't ever want to lose. Maybe a stitch or patch every now and then, but that's it! No new jeans for me!!
    I second you on that, I love my blackberry too much to ever let it go, I just want them to keep up, great analogy with the jeans, thanks for reading I know it was kinda long, check out my other postings at intogadget.com

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    To the OP, I think it's safe to say many people feel the same as you. Now we all wait to see what RIM does in 2010.

Predictions anyone?

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by drcapable View Post
    I second you on that, I love my blackberry too much to ever let it go, I just want them to keep up, great analogy with the jeans, thanks for reading I know it was kinda long, check out my other postings at intogadget.com

Haha yes I love me my old jeans and my trusty berry :-)
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    To the OP, I think it's safe to say many people feel the same as you. Now we all wait to see what RIM does in 2010.

Predictions anyone?
    ...We've been saying that and hoping since time immemorial!
    But, we are good "christians" and always will hope for better and stick with what we get !
    Regardless of all the gripes, BB still rocks !
    Last edited by Delfim; 11-16-2009 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ...We've been saying that and hoping since time immemorial!
    But, we are good "christians" and always will hope for better and stick with what we get !
    Regardless of all the gripes, BB still rocks !
    Amen

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3
    They came out with the trackpad,what more do you want

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    3g speeds, no outages, better browser, more apps, newer OS. . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    ... More memory, no more memory leaks, updated UI, and stop putting out so many devices with little differences.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^yes, that too, that three and that last one 4 sure. I think we are at 27 models in 3 years and the same OS minus a few dots.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I looked up the number of BB's released since the 7100 series and I counted 33 models released since 2007 (all the models that had some form of OS 4.1 up til now...the 77xx series had OS 4.0). I CAN list them all if you want me to LOL

Lvallejo666 no está en línea Stack level 3
    please list them Erica.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast