I am leaving for Europe in a couple weeks and I have never brought a ... General Blackberry forum

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7

American BB in Europe

Advertisement

I am leaving for Europe in a couple weeks and I have never brought a bb with me on a trip out of the country before. I was wondering what affect this would have on billing and such. I thought I heard that unlike the iPhone there is no additional fees for using a blackberry in Europe but I want to make sure so I don't get slammed with ridiculous data charges. I am going to be in Italy, Turkey, Croatia, and Greece. I have verizon service on a blackberry curve. Do I have to contact Verizon. Any information would be greatly apretiated.

jwarnoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305753FF
    Verizon's version of the Curve is a CDMA phone that won't work in Europe. The 8830 is their world phone, which I believe you can rent from them.

PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Thanks. That's really stupid that it won't work oh well I guess I'll have to do with out.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by josephcaraccio View Post
    Thanks. That's really stupid that it won't work oh well I guess I'll have to do with out.

Thats what u get for going with a CDMA carrier, if u had AT&T or T-mobile would be GSM like the rest of the world...Cheers

PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    Thats what u get for going with a CDMA carrier, if u had AT&T or T-mobile would be GSM like the rest of the world...Cheers

Ya in new york T-Mobile has dead zones all over and from what I'v noticed of friends and co-workers with ATT it seems to be the same. I'd rather not be able to bring my phone on vacation but get better service.

anjwolf07 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3038CA9E
    I used to live in Europe and one option you could do is by a cheap pay as you go phone. We had one while in Germany (4 years) and it worked all over Europe: poland, austria, czech republic, italy, bulgaria, england, france, etc...

PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Thanks wolf. I think that is what I'll do.