Hello, I have succesfully connected my pearl as a tethered modem with my laptop creating ... General Blackberry forum

geito no está en línea Stack level 1

Alternative to Tethered Modem

Advertisement

Hello,

I have succesfully connected my pearl as a tethered modem with my laptop creating a dial-up connection.

The problem I have is that my provider (Vodafone Spain) charges these connections separately from the data plan of the bb and it is quite expensive 0.5€ per 256KB.

In the past I tried SharkModem and was able to bypass the carrier limitation using the sharkmodem proxy, navigation was slow but fine.

My question:

¿Does anybody know of another program apart from sharkmodem that has that functionality to be able to use the BBs connection in your laptop?

I have found in the opensource space XMLBlackBerry and denteazul.

These are only for Linux OS and don´t have support for Windows.

Thanks

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Alternative to Tethered Modem

I've also been looking for something like this. Shark modem also worked well for me but it is a little limiting bevause you have to set it as a proxy.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

aimkeren no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been unable to successfully use my pearl as a modem, actually I don't know where my problem reside either I did something wrong with the modem setting or maybe my provide does not allowed to use it as a modem. coz the pearl is successfully connected with the network, but network is connected with a limited connection, so I cannot browse. Anyone have an idea? I use my local carrier from Indonesia,bis service from xl and Vodafone.

jofl81 no está en línea Stack level 1

Try changing connection properties to untick "notify me if limited or no connectivity". Should hopefully help.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~