I was wondering if there was any alternative roms for my BlackBerry pearl 8100 cause ... General Blackberry forum

tumaru no está en línea Stack level 1

alternative rom and how to wipe a phone

Advertisement

I was wondering if there was any alternative roms for my BlackBerry pearl 8100 cause the software is just really annoying.

Also if anybody knows how to wipe it and start from scratch that would be nice because I have the previous owners settings to get around and they aren't easy to change.

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    1. From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options > Security Options > General Settings.
    2. Display the menu and select Wipe Handheld.
    3. Click Continue.
    4. Type blackberry, and then press the Enter key.
    Note: this will erase all data from the BlackBerry smartphone.

Correction: On the 8100 the menu option to wipe is Options>Security Options>General Settings, then press the menu button and "Wipe Handheld" appears as one of the options there. "Wipe Handheld" as an option in General Settings came along after the 8100 . . . .

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3
    What is the difference between "press the menu button" and "Display the menu"? I'm just trying to figure out what got corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by abcomputin View Post
    What is the difference between "press the menu button" and "Display the menu"? I'm just trying to figure out what got corrected.
    In this instance, we are looking for the Device wipe. On the 8100, you go to the Options menu, open Security Options, then choose General Settings. At that point, you press the menu button to open a sub-menu and the Wipe Handheld option is there. On newer Operating Systems, you choose Security Options, and "Security Wipe" (which is the same as Wipe Handheld) is on the list there, so you don't have to press the menu button. Boricua's instructions were right on, but for newer operating systems than the 8100 had. There is no longer a "General Settings" in the security area.