Hi everyone, I am new to pinstack, but have learned lots from everyone. I have ... General Blackberry forum

dcmom no está en línea Stack level 2

Alt+LG+LG question

Advertisement

Hi everyone,
    I am new to pinstack, but have learned lots from everyone. I have an Curve 8310. I heard that if I pressed AltLGLG to erase my call logs I could free up some memory on the phone, so I tried it. Afterwards, I tried to backup data using desktop manager (latest version), but received a message saying something like "data not recognized by device." Anyway, I had to restore my phone with a previous back up to make everything okay again. Has this ever happened to anyone, and what did you do to prevent this from happening? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

D.C.Mom

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Hey dcmom, welcome to pinstack!

For the most part the the ALT+L,G,L,G is basically just for debugging. It just keeps a log if anything crashes. Those you will find in bold. That is basically what the Event Log is for.

For the most part it's become a myth that the Event Log takes up a lot of space. You're better off turning on your security and enabling your Memory cleaner. That will be your best bet.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Welcome to the stacks again

dcmom no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks Reddog for the info. Will use memory cleaner instead. Also, thanks for correcting me on the "event log." LOL...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Don't worry about it. This is what we're here for. Learning. I still learn new things on here everyday

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    I still learn new things on here everyday
    You took the words right out of my mouth!
    sent via what? a BlackBerry! ...

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok, I am having one of those moments...I have done it before but can't remember how......how do put the icon for the memory cleaner on my home screen?

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh boy.....I need to put the crackberry down and go to sleep....I found the answer to my question...hahaha....right in front of me! Lol!