I've searched the forums and havent found anything that describes what i'm looking for. I ... General Blackberry forum

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34

All sound via bluetooth

Advertisement

I've searched the forums and havent found anything that describes what i'm looking for. I used to use a Moto K1, and one of the features I found incredibly helpful (i'm a truck driver) is that all sounds (ring tone, txt message notification, etc.) was routed through my bluetooth headset.

With my BB, i get nothing. I only get the built in tone for my headset when it rings, and nothing for txt, email, bbm, etc.

Is anyone aware of whether there's something in the 4.6 OS to correct this? Or perhaps a 3rd party app that can force the sound through the headset??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've had 4 BBs and I've never been able to hear it ring through my bluetooth ear piece. I'm guessing that it may be possible through some 3rd party software. I've never ran across such a beast though.
    ~via smartphone~

Tinyk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2563B879
    Sorry been looking for the same thing so I can have my sat nav instructions from garmin right in my ear but have had to live with using cable headphones to achieve it

~via smartphone~

tiagoped no está en línea Stack level 2
    I believe you need a stereo HEADSET.i don't really know if your HEADSET is or not but hopefully you can go from there

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Tia is correct Any sound that comes from your blackberry speaker can only be heard on a Bluetooth devices with the follow minimal specs

Support for Bluetooth version 1.2
    Support for Bluetooth Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) Stereo, May not be on single ear models
    Support for Bluetooth Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) Has controls to change volume, song, answer calls, without touching your phone (highly recommended by me, but not neccisary)
    Support for Bluetooth Head Set Profile (HSP)
    Support for Bluetooth Hands Free Profile (HFP)

I personally use have these and love them, for the price, but then i got them on sale for 20$ when they were on www.woot.com

http://www.google.com/products/catal...440#ps-sellers

Nice thing is they come with a transmitter for devices that dont have stearo bluetooth on them, (not sure about your Garmin product) but you just plug it into the head phone jack and pair it up...

If anyone gets a pair and has technical difficulties, look me up.

There are better, sexier, and more expensive ones out there.
    Last edited by rashard; 02-11-2009 at 03:26 PM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    Thanks. I know how that works, but two problems with getting a stereo headset. A) I need one ear open while working/driving (i think thats law, if not its at least a damned good idea) and b) the headset I have now has noise cancellation technology that simply can't be matched.

So again, I look for a 3rd party program that can force this to happen, even with A2DP lacking. I know its at least remotely possible because xPlayer can play sound files through this headset. Just gotta find a program that forces it to happen all the time on the BB

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    The pair I have I only put on one ear and hook the other one on my shirt , kinda like where some people hang their glasses.. So yeah I dont recommend covering both ears lol.

I forgot about that xplayer functionality, I had read that somewhere... But I havent seen anything that allows BB sounds to work...

One workaround might be a bluetooth transmitter you can plug into the headphone jack (because all sounds come over on that?) and pair that with your device so you still have your great sound canceling
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    The pair I have I only put on one ear and hook the other one on my shirt , kinda like where some people hang their glasses.. So yeah I dont recommend covering both ears lol.

I forgot about that xplayer functionality, I had read that somewhere... But I havent seen anything that allows BB sounds to work...

One workaround might be a bluetooth transmitter you can plug into the headphone jack (because all sounds come over on that? No, it doesnt. Tried using my headphones that came with the BB today and same thing, no dice) and pair that with your device so you still have your great sound canceling