Hi all. I am new to BB, having just bought the Curve, and am still ... General Blackberry forum

gregski no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2134DA6B

All Day Appt. on Today Screen?

Advertisement

Hi all. I am new to BB, having just bought the Curve, and am still in the learning phase. What I would like to do, if possible, is have my All Day appointments show up on my homescreen when I am using a "Today" version. Is this possible? Right now, all my other appointments show up, but no all day ones.

Re: All Day Appt. on Today Screen?

Uncheck the "All Day Event" box and assign the appointment a time. You'll just need to remember that it's an all day thing!

PIN/ID
    2134DA6B

I'm not sure if that will work. When I mean all day, I mean from 8AM - 8AM. Let me splain. I am a firefighter and I use the calendar to mark the shift (A, B or C) that is on that day, with the day being a 24 hour day. Is there maybe some other way to have the days marked besides as an appointment? Or maybe a more versatile calendar program?

Quote Originally Posted by gregski
    I'm not sure if that will work. When I mean all day, I mean from 8AM - 8AM. Let me splain. I am a firefighter and I use the calendar to mark the shift (A, B or C) that is on that day, with the day being a 24 hour day. Is there maybe some other way to have the days marked besides as an appointment? Or maybe a more versatile calendar program?
    There's no limit to the amount of time you can have in an appointment. So let's say you work shift C on 8-12-07 -- go to 8-12-07, and put in a new appointment. Type in "Shift C" on "Subject", and then the time and date(s) of the shift in their respective fields. When Aug 12 rolls around, it should be on your screen. If you're talkin' 24 hour shifts, it still works because you can make appointments longer than 24 hours. If you need to remind yourself the day (or days) before the shift, drop in a note on the day you want to be reminded -- don't check "all day event", and on "Duration" enter 0 hours and 0 minutes, and it should be on your screen. Or am I not understanding what you need at all?:cry: The key to putting the appointment(s) on the screen is to leave the "All Day Event" box unchecked, and then if it happens to be an all-day-event give it a time. I hope I'm helping -

PIN/ID
    2134DA6B

Thanks so much for the help Mark. What I ended up doing was setting up the shift for the day as starting and ending at the same date and time. Maybe that's what you told me to do . Anyway, it now shows on my Today screen as just the date and the shift, which was my goal. Thanks, again.

Quote Originally Posted by gregski
    Thanks so much for the help Mark. What I ended up doing was setting up the shift for the day as starting and ending at the same date and time. Maybe that's what you told me to do . Anyway, it now shows on my Today screen as just the date and the shift, which was my goal. Thanks, again.
    You're welcome! That's what I do on almost all my calendar entries, set the start/end times as the same time. (Unless, of course, it's an actual appointment . . .)

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Welcome to the Stacks gregski....Nice tips Mark Stone
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Welcome to Pinstack gregski! Please let us know if you need anything.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.