Might be a stupid question but how do u get album art on your music, ... General Blackberry forum

samthagreat no está en línea Stack level 3

album art

Advertisement

Might be a stupid question but how do u get album art on your music, all my music has it on my pc but when I put it on my berry it doesn't come up.thanks!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I buy all my MP3s from Amazon. I know you can get free music from some other source, but the quality and ease of download make it worth the price to me. All the music I buy there has the album art with it, and shows on my 8300. What device do you have?

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by samthagreat View Post
    all my music has it on my pc but when I put it on my berry it doesn't come up.thanks!
    In the past I ripped my music with Microsoft Windows Media Player, however I kept having the troubles you are having, until someone suggested I use Apple iTunes.

Without going into the technical explanation I was given (I can give it to you if you really want...), it seems that Windows Media Player rarely attaches the album art to the file as metadata (ie. Writes it directly into the audio file), but iTunes does...

Since I started using iTunes, I've never had this problem!

iTunes is a free download and despite popular belief, you don't need to own an Apple iPod, Apple iPhone or Apple computer to use iTunes:

http://www.apple.com/itunes

~via my BlackBerry 8800 (wap.pinstack.com)~

samthagreat no está en línea Stack level 3
    I gave a 8320 curve~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    It's either embedding in the ID3 tag of the file, or if you have the cover inside an album folder as a jpg (usually folder.jpg or cover.jpg) it should pickup on it and display it.

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm this same problem. So by using iTunes to put my music on my curve it would have the album art with it ?

I'm having this same problem. So by using iTunes to put my music on my curve it would have the album art with it ?

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Windows Media Player displays the cover art from an online source, and saves it in the (computer's) cache for when you are offline - this is why the cover art often isn't transferred when using Windows Media Player (if you manually add it, it sometimes works).

When iTunes downloads the album artwork automatically, you should copy the album artwork (right-click on a PC), manually edit the track information (I think it's a right-click on the track name) and paste the album artwork you just copied into the relevant field - doing this will force iTunes to write the album artwork into the file as "metadata", so that when the file is transferred between devices, the album artwork is also.

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by thagame911 View Post
    I'm having this same problem. So by using iTunes to put my music on my curve it would have the album art with it ?
    If you follow the post above, yes.

brandonmccall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Download Media Monkey. It includes a feature that allows you to apply album art to the ID3 tag.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

crashcomedian no está en línea Stack level 1
    i think it depends what kind of program puts the art on. i no Windows Media Player's album art shows on the BB.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonmccall View Post
    Download Media Monkey. It includes a feature that allows you to apply album art to the ID3 tag.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That's the route I went. Works great.

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Hey you might want to check out "FlipSide" - it allows you to download "missing" album artwork OTA (over-the-air; wirelessly on your BlackBerry, without a computer)!

Thus far, FlipSide has been able to find ALL my "missing" album artwork, including for some "Australian-specific" albums (digital audio players often don't find artwork for local or obscure albums)!

At the very least, you'd do yourself a favour to check out the free trial:
    http://electricpocket.com/flipside/mobileindex.php

I intend to use it until the trial finishes, but I'm pretty confident I'll buy it...