Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I wonder if there is a good alarm application for the BB? The one that ... General Blackberry forum

tjunkie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203E690C

Question Alarm Application

Advertisement

I wonder if there is a good alarm application for the BB? The one that comes with it is kinda limited to one alarm. It would be nice if we can set multiple alarms based on a set of rules (eg. 6.30am every day except Weekends, and 2.00pm every Monday and Wednesday, etc). Not to mention a once off alarm which after it is activated it will be removed.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Re: Alarm Application

Quote Originally Posted by tjunkie
    I wonder if there is a good alarm application for the BB? The one that comes with it is kinda limited to one alarm. It would be nice if we can set multiple alarms based on a set of rules (eg. 6.30am every day except Weekends, and 2.00pm every Monday and Wednesday, etc). Not to mention a once off alarm which after it is activated it will be removed.
    I have been looking for an application such as that for my bb for ages now so far no such luck...but you can try this...

http://www.clickapps.com/moreinfo.ht...40&section=RIM
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I guess you could put those times on your BB calender and set reminders? Not a great solution, but could get you by.

Lovellbird

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

my 8700c came with an alarm application? or are you looking for a better one? I thought the 7200 series had an alarm too

newleonne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a2aaeb

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~ 7200 series does have an alarm but I will have to agree that it sux. Would be nice to be able to set daily alarms that were not tied to the calender reminders

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I just have one alarm set on my 7250--to wake me up every weekday morning. It doesn't have an option for multiple alarms, but sometimes I set them through the calendar and it works just fine.

Lovellbird

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by newleonne
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~ 7200 series does have an alarm but I will have to agree that it sux. Would be nice to be able to set daily alarms that were not tied to the calender reminders
    I have a 7290 with the latest v4.1.0.309 OS and I have an alarm program on my BB!

PIN/ID
    203E690C

Well, my original post states that BB8700 has an alarm. But it's very limited in terms of functionality, because we can only set one alarm at a go. I am trying to look for something more flexible where we can set multiple alarms ie. one for everyday 6.30am, one for every week on Mon, Wed and Fri, 5.00pm, and one say just a one time off alarm reminder, etc. I know we can do this via the calendar or task but it kinda defeat the purpose.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Well, my original post states that BB8700 has an alarm. But it's very limited in terms of functionality, because we can only set one alarm at a go. I am trying to look for something more flexible where we can set multiple alarms ie. one for everyday 6.30am, one for every week on Mon, Wed and Fri, 5.00pm, and one say just a one time off alarm reminder, etc. I know we can do this via the calendar or task but it kinda defeat the purpose.
    I understand your dilemna the alarm program is limited and frustrating but I was responding to newleonne statement that the 7200 series bb do not have an alarm program and my 7290 does.

Hope things work out.

Ms. Brenda

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

When I first got my bb I noticed that right off...during my work day I set the alarm for 8pm but, on my days off I might have a Salon apt say for 1pm...in order to set alarm clock for 1pm I have to delete the pre-set time for work...I too wish there was more functionality for the BB where as you could set the clock with many different alarm time intervals..maybe with next OS upgrade that is something RIM could address...LOL
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Have a look at this....might be an alarm application you can use...

http://www.handango.com/blackberry/P...opSectionId=-1
    Maya Angelou

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

How does using the calendar "defeat the purpose"?

PIN/ID
    203E690C

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2
    Have a look at this....might be an alarm application you can use...

http://www.handango.com/blackberry/P...opSectionId=-1
    Thanks. I think this is the closest thing to what I have in mind.

sasquatch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CF16A1

Thanks. I think this is the closest thing to what I have in mind.
    I'm gonna try that out too. I have irregular, changing work times and need to wake up on different shifts. I also dont want to have to use my calendar as an alarm because I want my calendar to keep its "notifier" ringtone and my alarm app to keep its "alarm" ringtone. Want to keep calendar reminders sounding like reminders, and alarms sounding like alarms.

Samba no está en línea Stack level 2

Have you guys checked out this thread yet ..
    blackberryforums.pinstack.com/31707-my_alarm_application.html
    ..a bunch of us are eagerly awaiting his MyAlarm application .. it is for the 8100 though ..not sure about compatability with the others ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast