Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So anyone know a good app for using AIM on a bb. Every app i've ... General Blackberry forum

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7

Question AIM on blackberry

Advertisement

So anyone know a good app for using AIM on a bb. Every app i've used on my new curve sucks. They all sign off constantly. I tried parlingo, mobile IM, and bought AIM+ and they all sign off constantly. Anyone know a good app to run aim that won't sign off and on all the time.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Everyone in here would recommend using Beejive! 30 day trial, but then after you have to pay to continue the use. I have it and it's one of the best ones out there. You won't be disappointed.

www.beejive.com using your BB browser.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.52 OS!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Ya I had the thirty day trial but I didn't want to pay for another app that wouldn't work. If people assure me this one works then maybe i'll make the purchase

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I had it since Feb. Plus I haven't read any threads with stackers saying they had a problem with it. There was one, when it wouldn't with 4.5 and the only way to make it work was to have Documents To Go installed on the BB. Weird, but that's what made it work. I don't know if you still need Doc2Go to keep it working.

---

--HeavyC.

---

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    thtanks
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

PIN: 31a987a7

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I know its a paid app. But jive talk is great. Try it out and you see if it is worth it. For me it is. Good luck. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

princess3121 no está en línea Stack level 1
    beejive is the best..i use it, and i love it..

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I bought jive talk just for AIM. All the other AIM programs didn't have all the features like the native pc application. But on jive talk you could edit your away message' look at other people's away message, send files through it and it uses wifi ! I love that part because I like still talk on AIM and whatnot during a call

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I would suggest instango. Its currently in beta...bust just as fast if not faster than BeeJive IM.

http://get.instango.com is the OTA link.

If you join the instango forums, you can help make instango better by reporting your feedback.

Here is the forum link:

http://www.instango.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

You can edit away and make custom status messages, update contact icons and pictures, use wifi, and much more. Check it out.
    Last edited by lucky13mt; 07-21-2008 at 09:04 AM.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    I've gone through so many AIM applications it sucks. I don't even just use free ones. I paid 50 bucks for IM+ and it doesn't work!!! I really don't want to pay for jivetalk and have the same problems. So far I've been using the trial of jive talk for two days and I like it. Maybe I'll try Instango but frankly I'm fed up with BETA apps that are still buggy as hell.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by josephcaraccio View Post
    I've gone through so many AIM applications it sucks. I don't even just use free ones. I paid 50 bucks for IM+ and it doesn't work!!! I really don't want to pay for jivetalk and have the same problems. So far I've been using the trial of jive talk for two days and I like it. Maybe I'll try Instango but frankly I'm fed up with BETA apps that are still buggy as hell.
    I've been using instango for a while now. The original beta had a few bugs, but this latest release fixed a lot of them. So far I haven't run into a bug with this beta update.

BeeJive IM has already been created. You can make suggestions, but you won't see them until newer versions.

With instango being in beta, you can make suggestions at their forums and most likely see them implemented.

That's why I like to beta test things, to try and get many suggestions in before the official version release.

I mentioned that autotext wasn't working, and some other guy mentioned that there was no wifi support. Three hours later...wifi support and autotext was added in an update.

Definitely check it out .
    Last edited by lucky13mt; 07-21-2008 at 11:32 AM.

PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    I've been using instango for a while now. The original beta had a few bugs, but this latest release fixed a lot of them. So far I haven't run into a bug with this beta update.

BeeJive IM has already been created. You can make suggestions, but you won't see them until newer versions.

With instango being in beta, you can make suggestions at their forums and most likely see them implemented.

That's why I like to beta test things, to try and get many suggestions in before the official version release.

I mentioned that autotext wasn't working, and some other guy mentioned that there was no wifi support. Three hours later...wifi support and autotext was added in an update.

Definitely check it out .
    Cool, thanks I will.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Lol I just found a bug. I submitted it at their forum though.

Prowler9 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    21AD68AE
    installed and kept droping service.. My Yahoo app workd great so I know its not my network ... Damn vzw guys are every where lol

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love jivetalk. I tried OZ messaging, ramble, aim, yahoo and goggle separately. I found jivetalk to be the best working communication tool for me ;-) I talk a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast