Hi guys! I have a 8330 with Sprint provided from work. We use both BES ... General Blackberry forum

bobby916 no está en línea Stack level 1

AIM IT policy - work around?

Advertisement

Hi guys!
    I have a 8330 with Sprint provided from work. We use both BES and BIS. The built in AOL AIM is unable to run as it states "this application has been disabled by IT Policy"

I've tried Ramble, but I guess the servers have changed? I tried OZ and can't login due to "communication error".

Does anyone know of a client/program that'll work? I was hoping Ramble would since I could change the server and port, but that didn't help.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I'm going to guess, that since the IT department has locked down one IM application, they have tried to lock down all access to IM capabilities. This would be a normal situation for a lot of companies that have to comply with certain government electronic communications regulations. I would advise you that continued attempts to find workarounds to IT policies can be detected by Your BES administrator and you would be well advised to check out your human resources department for the minimum, maximum and typical responses to violations of company policies when it comes to network security.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Nail on the head. Altho there are ways to get around IT policys and you can find several topics here on these forms. these actions are looked down apon. It's not you're phone its belong to you're company. Just because the Blackberry is able to get onto the programs doesn't mean you should get on them. These are put inplace by BES admins watching over the network and the information being moved around between servers. As a BES Admin for a Bank, I hate when people try to go around the IT policys. ..It's not you're Blackberry Plan and Simple! . .You like the blackberry , go buy 1. then you dont have to deal with IT policys.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by TorturedNacho View Post
    Nail on the head. Altho there are ways to get around IT policys and you can find several topics here on these forms. these actions are looked down apon. It's not you're phone its belong to you're company. Just because the Blackberry is able to get onto the programs doesn't mean you should get on them. These are put inplace by BES admins watching over the network and the information being moved around between servers. As a BES Admin for a Bank, I hate when people try to go around the IT policys. ..It's not you're Blackberry Plan and Simple! . .You like the blackberry , go buy 1. then you dont have to deal with IT policys.
    Yeah, Nacho, I understand you feelings. When people try to get around your companies IT polices, as an IT Admin, you are obligated to report attempted violations of company policy. It's really difficult as you don't want to be responsible for causing coworkers problems, but if your management discovers it and realizes that you knew about it and didn't report it, your job may be in jeopardy. Had that happen in my company. An IT admin knew someone was violating Network Security Policy and failed to report it. When the company got in trouble with the Internal Auditors about it, both the violator and the Admin were walked out the door, without recourse.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles