Hi. I currently have an 8100 and at&t. I want to get a curve on ... General Blackberry forum

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

advice please

Advertisement

Hi. I currently have an 8100 and at&t. I want to get a curve on either tmo or at&t. What should I do? Get on tmo or at&t? Why? Please advise.

I'll only need my phone minutes and data. Sms messages aren't so important. Did tmo get rid of the $20 for unlimited data option? A cheap sms option for 100-200 messages would be nice but not of paramount importance.

I want to get on someones plan. Objective would be to lower my bill. Will that work? Will I have to get along with their existing plan or will I get to pick my own?

Please advise fellow stackers.

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3
    Being on either tmo or att depends on whether gps or wifi is more important to you. Tmo has wifi no gps and att has no wifi but with gps. I'd personally get the tmo curve coz you can buy usb gps pucks thus giving you the best of both worlds. If you get the att curve, you cannot get a wifi addon for it.

Tmo still has the 19.99 unlimited sms but also has 14.99 for 1000 and 4.99 for 400.

You can be an addon on somebody else's account (so you can just divide the bill amongst yourselves) and get a data plan just for yourself. But I think it has to be a family plan in order to have addon accounts.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3
    Btw, if you become an addon on somebody else's account, you cannot choose your own. You will have the same plan as the primary account holder. You will be sharing the same minutes except sms. I've also read that if you get a family plan, the 19.99 unlimited sms covers everybody in the plan.

Call tmo and ask for recommendations.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I got tmo on a 1000 minute plan and the my favs and got 4 different lines and two of them have the unlimited bb data for 19.99 each line and the other two juts minutes and we all share unlimited text messaging for just 19.99 its pretty reasonable if we had att for this we prob be paying twice as much