We have a problem with several users losing contact information from their address book. After ... General Blackberry forum

xeneixe2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Address Books - Losing contacts information

Advertisement

We have a problem with several users losing contact information from their address book. After modifying contacts on the BB (8100,8700) these records are synchronized with desktop address book but after a few days this modifications disappear. Contacted RIM with this issue but they didn't give us a solution just try this try that.
    Is anybody there experiencing similar problems or have an idea of what could be causing the problem

We are using:
    Groupwise PO 7.0
    Groupwise client on server 6.5
    BB OS 4.2.1.96
    Address book is not frequent contacts

So, let me repeat what I think I'm reading: On several of your 8100s and 8700s, your users make changes to existing address book listings; then sync with Groupwise, and the changes move over successfully; they stay changed for a few days, then revert back, actually lose the changes, on both the handhelds and the Groupwise?!? Dang!!

Here's what I think: Your IT dept has Groupwise on an automatic backup/restore cycle of some kind. They are backing up information (like a good IT dept should) but for some reason or other they're also doing regular restores (like a good IT dept shouldn't). For example, in your address book you have Joe 333-3333. You sync that into Groupwise. IT backs up groupwise, and 333-3333 is backed up. Joe changes his number to 444-4444. You sync that number into Groupwise. A couple of days later, IT restores their Groupwise backup because of some other problem somewhere - and 333-3333 syncs back into the BlackBerry's.

I guarantee that this is the only thing I can think of here! Anyone else?

Mark, thank you for taking the time to understand the problem.
    Your description of the problem is correct but I talked to my Groupwise admin and he doesn't do any regular restores.
    From time to time (he hasn't done one in several months) when a user has a problem he would do an off line restore of the particular user account nothing that would affect several users.
    Thanks again

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i do daily backups of my device, its something good to implement because you never know when something will go wrong

Update:
    RIM told us to upgrade the BES from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4. They don't know if this will solve the problem but it seems that this patch fixed a lot of issues with the address book. We are planning on do this upgrade next week.
    Thanks for your help

priliu no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203dbe85
    backup is needed when use BB or some other smartphone.