I have a question about the address book and the phone app. When I am ... General Blackberry forum

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Address book question

Advertisement

I have a question about the address book and the phone app. When I am typing a contact from the home screen some contacts have the Mobile number appear first and others have Home number appear first and it is incredibly annoying because I almost never dial home numbers but sometimes I end up accidently dialing the wrong one. Like type a contact and push ball cause I expect it to be the mobile number and instead I get the home number.
    Any way to set a number as a primary number or watever so at least one appears first everytime or something!

melgr702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I do the same thing all the time.
    There is no way that I know of to do this.
    Ive looked all over!

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    i would image it is how you setup the contact in your book , Cell phone before house in the contact means cell ontop .
    house before cell , ..house on top .. thats how my old M360 was. god i hated that phone.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    NOOOOOO. why do u suppose its random. Like some have home first and some have mobile first. Do u think it has something to do with which number you enter into the phone book first?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Hah, most devices have that, there is no way to change that either, its a small thing that also bugs me, but it keeps everything more organized rather then personalized.
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Ther isn't an option for setting one on top. When setting up contact its fixed~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3
    Weird... i just created a couple of random addresses. I input the numbers in different orders, yet they all came up Work, Home, Mobile. Maybe the differences occur when editing the address, adding numbers later.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Yeah, when my att rep imported, my address book from my other phone, it only took the first number listed per contact, and set it as their work number, it really sucked because I had to go in and edit every single contact, which I still havnt finished haha.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    lol that sux

scorpiodsu no está en línea Stack level 2
    I only use 1 number for most of my contacts anyway so whether its put in the home, mobile or work doesn't matter to me. I do understand your frustration. It may be easier to switch the numbers around on outlook then sync rather than switching on the device.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Yea that's miserable! There must be some method to the madness here because some are mobile first and some are home first! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Here is an interesting development. I had one contact where the mobile was first. And then wheb I added a picture to the contact it switched it so that home is now first. However, when I remove the pic it stays the same. Very strange can any1 else duplicate this?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~