I went to synch my BB8130 with outlook today and I have lost about 300 ... General Blackberry forum

pniko_07 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    stack

Question Address Book Problems

Advertisement

I went to synch my BB8130 with outlook today and I have lost about 300 or so contacts from my phone. There are a few contacts that were on phone that did not get "lost." It seems as if my contacts from Outlook kicked out most of my contacts on the phone.

I have spent the whole day looking for someone else that has had this problem, but no luck there. I am using the newest version of DM (it came with my phone).

Is there anyway to get those contacts back? If not, looks like I am going to wipe the phone and start over from square one.

Thanks in advance. Kind of stinks my first post has to be one like this.....lol

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Do you have them saved on your sim card? If so just copy all your contacts back to the phone if not I would suggest backing or saving all your contacts to your sim card

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    stack
    The phone I have does not have a sim card. I do have my contacts saved on the sim card from my old Nextel I880. I'm going to take the old phone & sim card to my local sprint service center and have them copy the contacts from the sim to my BB.

After that is done, I will definately make a backup.

Thanks

PIN/ID
    stack

Update: I took my old sim card and Nextel I880 in,with my BB, and had the cuntacts copied to my BB. After entering about 75 contacts that weren't on my sim card, I quickly made a backup to avoid this from happening again.

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Quote Originally Posted by pniko_07 View Post
    I went to synch my BB8130 with outlook today and I have lost about 300 or so contacts from my phone. There are a few contacts that were on phone that did not get "lost." It seems as if my contacts from Outlook kicked out most of my contacts on the phone.

I have spent the whole day looking for someone else that has had this problem, but no luck there. I am using the newest version of DM (it came with my phone).

Is there anyway to get those contacts back? If not, looks like I am going to wipe the phone and start over from square one.

Thanks in advance. Kind of stinks my first post has to be one like this.....lol

did you click the reset configuration log file in desktop manager at all? if outlook deleted the contacts thru dm then that means something happened with the config file and outlook overrode your devices address book with its current address book.
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

PIN/ID
    stack
    Ill give it a look. Thanks medic.