I am doing something that is very simple on most phones. I had a sony ... General Blackberry forum

dsw274 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Question Adding Existing contacts to address book

Advertisement

I am doing something that is very simple on most phones. I had a sony befor this, and a nokia before that, and all of my phones had the capability of adding more information into an existing contact that has already been added to the address book.

for example, you get a call, maybe its an e-mail, maybe its a pin, maybe its, who knows what.... from who knows who...

exmaple, you get an e-mail from your friend,(ex: glen@gmail.com)

instead of going and using the copy select and then going into the address book, and opening up the contact list, and opening up that persons name, and then clicking edit, and then scrolling down to the e-mail section, and hitting paste. ... there must be an esaier way of doing this...

ex: on my nokia, you got a call, and u could go into ur call log, and click add to existing contact and add that number into a contact that you already have on your address book. and walla ... like that its done..

__________________________________________________ _________________

with that being said, on another note, still having to do with the address book, how can u creat the defalt calling feild (change from the work number) to the moible number.

for ex: you go into a number, weather its a number from your call log, or its a new number, you click, add to address book, and walla, the number has appeared in a new contact section where u fill out there name...etc..... but wait there number is by defalt a WORK NUMBER?

how can we change this option so that it automaticly makes there number a mobile number

my only fix around this so far is that i copy and paste, but why,,, why make me do that BLAKBERRY"??
    /

Wombat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2104929D

Re: Adding Existing contacts to address book

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think you will need to use a computer and whatever pim you use to edit your contact info (moving nubers around and such).

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

i can understand where your coming from after a quick call i want to be able to add numbers with ease hoefully oneday this will be addresed

PIN/ID
    Ask

im still unsure of what ever one means when they say "pim" ?
    wambat, what do you mean when you say the pim i use to enter in addressses/???

i have desktop manager....

also, what is O2, i hear everbody refering to that as well.. "02"?

Wombat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2104929D

PIM, Personal Information Manager; ie. MS Outlook, Entourage, Lotus Notes, Apple Address book, etc.

I'm unsure what is refered to by O2 or 02.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

O2 is a carrier in europe not sure if that's what you're referring to.

You have to keep in mind that Blackberry does cater to the corporate world. They are just now getting into the consumer market. Things will come with time...you just have to give it time.

It's only been in the comsumer market for 2 years now with the introduction of the pearl. There's a big difference between corporate and individual worlds. Hopefully soon RIM will start integrating personal things in the software.

You can always write them and email or post in the forum Suggestions for RIM.

PIN/ID
    Ask

There has got to be a way to crack the program codes, and create the default a mobile number, there must!!

and we will find it !

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

why try and crack it when you can ask them politely and they will probably provide.

PIN/ID
    Ask

I did what you said.
    - first i installed Microsoft office outlook 2007 on my computer
    (they really made this one so easy to use , and set up and configure your e-mail on, no more messing with pop reconfiguration, just enter your e-mail and password and go...)
    - then i started sync'in em up

**I ran into an error tho, with the newest desktop manger.**
    - so uninstalled it and reinstalled the one that came with my phone

- works great

3 hours later i have this:

my e-mail account at yahoo, syn up with my outlook 2007, snc up with my phone.

I change a contact in yahoo it changes in outlook, thus changes my phone as well. same with my calander... i love it..

works great, thanks guys!!!!!

I am not being sarcastic when i say this "reddog187" but, really?
    you think they will provide me a patch for my blackberry to allow different default values in my address book?

really'?
    Last edited by dsw274; 10-24-2007 at 04:44 AM.

lakaw no está en línea Stack level 2

I found it odd I wasn't able to do this either. Not much discussion about it...
    Where do we request this to be implemented by RIM? This is pretty basic, and I would think a business application would already include this.

PIN/ID
    Ask

storm

is this possible on the storm?