I have a 7501t which I sync with my Mac. No problems. My wife still ... General Blackberry forum

rballou no está en línea Stack level 1

Adding a second BlackBerry

Advertisement

I have a 7501t which I sync with my Mac. No problems.

My wife still uses the Palm OS on the Sony Clie and sync's it with Palm Desktop on her laptop PC. Actually I do the sync'ing and data entry.

I want to switch her to a BB but I haven't bought one for her yet. She would use the BB only as a phone and for contacts. No email or internet access. If I leave her on the PC with the BB I have to use Outlook. Is that right?

If I put her on the Mac I can have her Address Book under her user name and sync. Should be the same as I do now for my 7105t. Right??

To get her data from the Sony Clie to the new BB I read that I have to connect both units to the PC and run the BB Desktop function that moves the Clie data to the BB. Then I sync the BB to her Address Book on the Mac. Is that right?

That's a lot of question but if you could address them all I'd sure appreciate it.

Roger

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Adding a second BlackBerry

Hi rballou, welcome to pinstack. Im just bumping this for you so someone can help.

rballou no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks cp6169.

I installed BB Desktop 4.2 on the laptop. Will that work for the 7105t or do I need to revert to ver. 4.0 ?

domjon84 no está en línea Stack level 2

Use the 4.2
    Dominick R. Jones
    ALLTEL
    WC
    Domjon84@yahoo.com

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by rballou
    If I leave her on the PC with the BB I have to use Outlook.
    You don't have to use Outlook but it's the most common app that Intellisync supports.

Quote Originally Posted by rballou
    To get her data from the Sony Clie to the new BB I read that I have to connect both units to the PC and run the BB Desktop function that moves the Clie data to the BB. Then I sync the BB to her Address Book on the Mac. Is that right?
    Desktop Manager 4.2 has a device migration wizard that should do this. I've never used it myself.