I have a 8700. In a couple of months, i am upgrading to a Curve. ... General Blackberry forum

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3

Adding 2nd Blackberry to family.....

Advertisement

I have a 8700. In a couple of months, i am upgrading to a Curve. my wife just discovered the Pearl. I am wondering if there will be problems with desktop manager with two devices instead of one. I will not want my contacts, calender, etc. updating to her phone, as mine is for my business and hers will be for pleasure. HELP!

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Adding 2nd Blackberry to family.....

Do you guys use seperate log ins on your pc, or do you share the same profile and login? You may have to use seperate logins to avoid such a problem.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

we use the same login. Would the software allow for multiple desktop managers?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

you don't need to use seperate desktop managers...it will recognize the different devices.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It does recognize separate PINs, me and my wife each have a curve...

17oobie...

how do you keep contacts and calendar seperate? I sync w/ outlook. how should i sync hers?

Quote Originally Posted by lalctaylor
    17oobie...

how do you keep contacts and calendar seperate? I sync w/ outlook. how should i sync hers?
    Goes back to what rw5579 asked -- on your PC, if you and your wife have seperate logins/passwords then applications like Outlook will keep your contacts, calendar etc. seperated. If you log in on one screen, even though DM will differentiate between the two BBs it will sync with the same Outlook information. Two solutions: Create seperate login/passwords on your PC, or use two different programs. For example, you stick with Outlook and your wife use Lotus Notes or something like that. Desktop Manager will remember each BBs individual sync settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    Goes back to what rw5579 asked -- on your PC, if you and your wife have seperate logins/passwords then applications like Outlook will keep your contacts, calendar etc. seperated. If you log in on one screen, even though DM will differentiate between the two BBs it will sync with the same Outlook information. Two solutions: Create seperate login/passwords on your PC, or use two different programs. For example, you stick with Outlook and your wife use Lotus Notes or something like that. Desktop Manager will remember each BBs individual sync settings.
    Perfect. Thanks. You guys have been a big help.