Hi, we were trying to activate a new device (BB 8300, Curve) for a current ... General Blackberry forum

cfecteau no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Activating Blackberry, user profiles merged

Advertisement

Hi, we were trying to activate a new device (BB 8300, Curve) for a current user. When we finished the activation it had pulled down that user's profile, but also the profile of another user's personal email boxes from GMail and Hotmail. We wiped the device and ran the activation again, and got the same result.

We were able to resolve the issue by removing the user from the BES and wiping the handheld, then adding the user to the BES and running the activation again.

I'm a bit concerned as I have never run into this before, I've deploying Blackberries for a couple years, and would like to prevent it from happening again. Has anyone else run into this, and if so, did you find out what the cause was?

Thank you!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Activating Blackberry, user profiles merged

I'm pretty sure the GMail and Hotmail accounts have nothing to do with the BES. This is BIS email from the former owner of the 8300 - unless it's an unheard of duplicate PIN!

BIS email is delivered via PIN and requires no service books. I've had my BIS email arrive on my device after a wipe and BES activation but no interaction with the BIS site (resending service books).

You need to contact the former owner and have them contact their provider and have the PIN deactivated. If you have a business relationship with the former provider, you might be able to get them to reset the PIN without the former owner's cooperation.
    JerryD

cfecteau no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Activating Blackberry, user profiles merged

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    I'm pretty sure the GMail and Hotmail accounts have nothing to do with the BES. This is BIS email from the former owner of the 8300 - unless it's an unheard of duplicate PIN!

BIS email is delivered via PIN and requires no service books. I've had my BIS email arrive on my device after a wipe and BES activation but no interaction with the BIS site (resending service books).

You need to contact the former owner and have them contact their provider and have the PIN deactivated. If you have a business relationship with the former provider, you might be able to get them to reset the PIN without the former owner's cooperation.
    I understand what you are saying, and can see how that could happen. But in this instance, the device was brand new, never been used before by either of the two merged accounts prior to attempting to activate it. I "assume" it was brand new (not having been used by anyone else anywhere) and not refurbished, as I ordered a new device and not a refurb.

The pin wasn't even close to the same on the two devices.

I do appreciate your explanation though!