I finally purchased my first Blackberry. What was I waiting for? I am truly enjoying ... General Blackberry forum

SaltyKayak no está en línea Stack level 1

Accessing secure web

Advertisement

I finally purchased my first Blackberry. What was I waiting for? I am truly enjoying my new (used) 7250. Today, I tried to access my secure Wachovia retirement account just to see if I could. It is a secure https site and when I go to it, I see the lock icon is locked but after 10-15 seconds, the web page reverts back to the link I clicked on.

Is there a solution or will I have to settle for accessing my Wachovia account via a PC?

thanx, SaltyKayak

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Re: Accessing secure web

I use bank of america and normally I couldn't log into the online services, but now they have this new website called bofa.mobi wich was designed for mobile phone's internet log in, so I recommend you call your bank's online services support team and figure out if they have something similar.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

welcome to the stacks, yeah some sites are set for security and i don't think there is away around them especially when it comes to banking. you may want to see if your bank has a mobile website for mobile banking
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

I had the same problem, couldn't log into any secure sites with the standard browser on my Pearl. I tried Opera Mini and it worked for those sites. I'm guessing they added browser features from the Pearl to the 8830 as now I'm able to log into my bank, myspace, etc. with the normal browser.