Hello, I have an 8700c and want to access my comcast email account via my ... General Blackberry forum

dkipe1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Accessing my Comcast Email

Advertisement

Hello,

I have an 8700c and want to access my comcast email account via my blackberry - how do I accomplish this?

Thanks!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Accessing my Comcast Email

on the home screen of your BB, go to Personal Email Setup
    tell it your email address of your comcast account, and password... I assume it will try to auto-configure itself. It may work right from there, but if not the settings are as follows for you to manually configure it:

POP3 (Incoming Mail) Server: mail.comcast.net
    SMTP (Outgoing Mail) Server: smtp.comcast.net
    Your E-Mail address: e-mail ID@comcast.net

Port settings when on the Network (meaning from your PC on the Comcast connect): POP port 110 and SMTP port 25
    SSL(Port settings when traveling - meaning on your Blackberry): POP port 995 and SMTP port 465

also here is a link that might guide you... it's for Outlook but it will be the same settings (just different places to look for it) http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/inde...ilOutlook17821
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

dkipe1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks - I am on my companies BES server. It won't interfere with receiving those emails will it? How do I receive the emails once it's configured? Just go to the personal email icon? I won't receive my comcast emails in my "messages" box will I?

Thanks!

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

The only problem you would have is if your company doesnt allow personal emails on BES. Emails do appear in the regular message folder along with sms.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by dkipe1
    Thanks - I am on my companies BES server. It won't interfere with receiving those emails will it? How do I receive the emails once it's configured? Just go to the personal email icon? I won't receive my comcast emails in my "messages" box will I?

Thanks!
    Probably should speak with your BES admin about it, especially if it is a company supplied BB.