Just like everybody here, I am an BB addict. Currently I have a 8700g with ... General Blackberry forum

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391

About the upcoming BB 8800 with TMO

Advertisement

Just like everybody here, I am an BB addict. Currently I have a 8700g with TMO which is probably 2 months old and is in superb shape.
    I mean I love this device so much, it goes everywhere I go. But the problem that I've started having recently is I keep hearing about the upcoming 8800 models. I think they are better looking that 8700 models even though I hate to admit it.
    Memory expansion slot, WIFI capability, Narrower shape, Picture caller ID just to name a few.
    The more I think about it, less I like my 8700g. It's like I like my 8700, but I already don't like it as much. It is driving me crazy...
    I hope I am not the only person that will toss out an almost new 8700 in exchage of an 8800 and don't mind paying somewhat close to $400 for it, becasue I have TMO contract that won't expire till 2008. There is no way that I can wait that long.
    Knowing that there are people that think like I do about the upcoming device will justify my spending another $400 for a new 8800.
    I'd like to hear from you...

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    I too, will be getting the 88 as soon as it is released...

But with your Tmobile contract, aren't you allowed an "upgrade" every year?

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391
    Precisely...
    When I got my 8700g, a couple months ago, I've used it up.
    So I am stuck for the next 10 months... I don't think I can wait that long thought, even if I will have left about 5 or 6 months left by the time 8800s come out.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm in the same boat as you nabitheking, I just used my upgrade as well. So when the 8800 comes out I'll be dishing out $400 for it. But it's definite must have!

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Is TMO getting the 8800 first??? dag nabit... Comeon Cingular
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I will be paying the 400 too. I used my upgrade in april to go from a 7100 to the 8700g. I can't wait. Hubby will get my 8700 and the 7100 will be retired, or become the test dummy.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzzyP
    Is TMO getting the 8800 first??? dag nabit... Comeon Cingular
    Truth is, this has yet to be seen or known.

My belief is that Cingular will actually get the 8800 first.

It seems as if of all the US Carriers, Cingular is always the first to get their hands on and release a full qwerty version of the BlackBerry devices.

And with TMO getting the exclusive on the Pearl, they are going to have to buck up a nice chunk of change to get the 8800 exclusive also.

I may be wrong, considering I have no basis on which to support my belief here, but my gut feeling is telling me that Cingular will actually be the first US carrier to release the 8800.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    N8,

I hope you are right about Cingular. I am eagerly waiting for the 8800 from Cingular. Mainly for the Memory Card and I'm begining to think for the camera. I will definitely be getting on release. My 8700 is approaching it's first birthday. I wasted two days trying to find one in the local stores, before buying, for full price I might add as my 7290 was only 7 months old at the time, On Line.

This time I probably won't wait, unless I buy a 8100 between now and the release date.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles