Hello, I have a user that is unable to Send Email from his Blackberry 8830, ... General Blackberry forum

itsmevic no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Able to Receive, Unable to Send From BB 8830

Advertisement

Hello,

I have a user that is unable to Send Email from his Blackberry 8830, he can however receive email with no problems. We are on a Blackberry Enterprise Server, I've went in, I've wiped the handheld completely, recreated the account via the Global Address Book and have ran the Blackberry Desktop Manager to Synch up his Outlook email. I've refreshed his account on the BES, I've resent the Policy, I've killed the handheld and also wiped it clean, I've went in to the Blackberry setup>Setup Wizard and choose to connect to Blackberry Enterprise Server, we don't assign passwords for the BES so I select "No" and then click "Next" ..nothing is working can't send email. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by itsmevic; 05-09-2008 at 07:43 PM.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Did you resend service books from the service provider? Or via the BES? What version of BES are you running, what network is the bb on, and what IT policies do you have on the device?

That should help!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    if he gets a red x on a message when he sends it open it up and scroll to the top and find the message status. If it says either "Unlisted Message Error" or "Desktop Email Program Unable to submit message" you are looking at a permissions issue. Is he a member of domain admins or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by chatster18 View Post
    Did you resend service books from the service provider? Or via the BES? What version of BES are you running, what network is the bb on, and what IT policies do you have on the device?

That should help!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I didn't try resending the Service Books yet. But will. We are running BES 3.4, we are on a managed domain, I'm not sure about the policies for the device, is there a particular place I'd could view these at on the BES? I'm a little green with the BES and still learning about it.
    Last edited by itsmevic; 05-10-2008 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    if he gets a red x on a message when he sends it open it up and scroll to the top and find the message status. If it says either "Unlisted Message Error" or "Desktop Email Program Unable to submit message" you are looking at a permissions issue. Is he a member of domain admins or anything?
    He has local Administrative access only as do most of our users unfortunately. I put my Blackberry (Same Model) side-by-side with his and went through every single setting, all are the same. I was able to wipe mine and connect successfully back to BES in less than five minutes. Perhaps I need to look at one of our users that isn't having any issues w/their BB and bounce their permissions off of his just to make sure everything is jiving like it should permission wise.

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    I will diffinately bounce another BB user's permissions off of his just to make sure there are no issues with rights. All of our users are local admins of their box. I it didn't even run across my mind with it being a permissions issue, thanks for suggesting that.

Try sending a message and get the message status at the top of the failed message....this will give us a better idea of what is happening.

Looking at it now and it does say "Desktop Email program unable to submit message"

Usually permissions related check out www.blackberry.com/sendas may help you out a bit.