a few days ago i messed up my 8830 (for like the sixth time) anyway ... General Blackberry forum

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

aaaarrh me and my bright ideas

Advertisement

a few days ago i messed up my 8830 (for like the sixth time) anyway i go in the store and i had a choice of another 8830 or a 8130 i choose the 8130 which i got today and i hate this phone from the small size to the even smaller screen im even hating suretype which i used to love on mt 7130e im gonna see how long i can hold out on getting my 8830 back what do other stackers think about there 8830s and pearls

smyto no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    i love the pearl. although i have never had an 8830. suretype is great IMO. i also have a 7100i nextel. i find suretype to be just as quick as qwerty.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    the pearl is a phone/SMS/MMS first and email second. i think anything that has a full keyboard is for the big thumbed or where email is a must, or for a few people (my dad and uncle are great examples) that just can not for the life of them figure this suretype thing out.

PS-- i absolutely love my pearl! it works where most people's phones, even on this website, cant. like battery life, compatibility with all kinds of stuff, and its a blackberry which says to me that i dont have to worry, its there for me.
    Last edited by JCG3; 03-12-2008 at 10:34 PM.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have an 8820. Stay with the bigger screen and full qwerty.

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I've tried both and kept my 8130. I really prefer the 8130 in so many ways. Everyone has different likes and dislikes maybe that's why there's so many berrys to choose from. Try for a couple of weeks and then pick a berry. Goodluck
    Lesa

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    the thing that i cant understand is i love suretype i had a 7130e and i sometimes use my 7100i but its the sreen size that i cant get over i cant imagine doing any web surfin on this phone

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    You know what's funny? I came from a 8703e and that has a big screen, the 8130? Screen seemed so much smaller. Then I noticed when the 8130 screen is viewed in comparison hortizonaly there is very little difference. As far as surfing the net, love it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I love my little Pearl (even the cramped keypad) LOL

Portability and ease of use won over the bigger BBs when I moved over from the 7105t (and 7100t) I had before. I type more emails than SMS/text on it all day.

I do want something bigger for when I am at home all day so I can have a break but for travel purposes and portability via shirt pocket or pouch, the Pearl will be the one I reach for.

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok ill be the first I prefer my 8830 over the suretype berries, used to own a pearl 8100 now I have the 8830 love the full keypad, the big screen, email, only site I visit online is pinstack. Now I would switch my 8830 to a curve, now that's a complete berry for me large screen full keyboard email and camera. But if you don't NEED a camera, but loved/miss your full keyboard send that toy berry back and get your 8830.