Stackers....I'm not sure what to do...the turmoil is killing me....do I run out and get ... General Blackberry forum

cybersmoothy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206792FB

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Advertisement

Stackers....I'm not sure what to do...the turmoil is killing me....do I run out and get the new GPS Curve OR do I wait until the end of Q4 and get the much anticipated new 9XXX series. I'm worried that RIM will only release the 9XXX in its basic form (no camera, GPS)...just a new body and engine and then start with their mini releases again. Is the 9XXX worth the wait from what you've all heard? I appreciated all your opinions!

Cheers!

DA

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

First releases of new models alot of times seem to pop up with glitches or bugs of some sort.... Are you willing to deal with that (in whatever form it takes )? or will you go with a model where the glitches /bugs have been work out of it already... hmmmmm I bet this doesn't help you at all huh? lololol
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree with SuzzyP. Then again I'm on Verizon so by default I always wait till every bug has been worked out and the GSM carriers have retired the model before I can get it through Verizon. I hear T-Mobile and AT&T are retiring the 8300 Curve and replacing it with the 8320. In the meantime Verizon has the 8300 on its roadmap to begin rolling it out in the first quarter of 2008.

As for future 9xxx devices, since RIM is competing with the iPhone I don't expect them to drop any features. In fact I expect a quantum leap in functionality to leapfrog the iPhone.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

I hear the 9xxx may be 3g, but that is if they can get some battery power out of a 3g device.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Naylor07
    I hear the 9xxx may be 3g, but that is if they can get some battery power out of a 3g device.
    My opinion on that is why worry about a 3g phone when no one in the US actually has full 3g( UMTS)?

berry-buster no está en línea BES Pro

I am in the Same boat. my Contract expires on my 7100i in November. I don't know if i should stay with sprint / Next-Hell ... and Pickup the Pearl 2, or Switch to TMO for the 8320... of just stick it out a little longer till the 9xxx drops....

all i know is i want a new Blackberry, and i cant get a new Nextel... I have been on Nextel for 6 years now...

Quote Originally Posted by berry-buster
    I am in the Same boat. my Contract expires on my 7100i in November. I don't know if i should stay with sprint / Next-Hell ... and Pickup the Pearl 2, or Switch to TMO for the 8320... of just stick it out a little longer till the 9xxx drops....

all i know is i want a new Blackberry, and i cant get a new Nextel... I have been on Nextel for 6 years now...
    Inevitably whichever you choose will end up wrong. If you switch carriers the next month they will pick up the phone you wanted. If you go for the curve the 9xxx series will come out. ETC.

berry-buster no está en línea BES Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    Inevitably whichever you choose will end up wrong. If you switch carriers the next month they will pick up the phone you wanted. If you go for the curve the 9xxx series will come out. ETC.
    Well, That is just the Theam of my life i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by berry-buster
    Well, That is just the Theam of my life i guess...
    Join the club, we meet every wednesday.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I look at it this way. I have no home phone, only my wireless. Its also my work phone, since I work in multiple locations during the week. No matter how much I love my phone, I wear it out within 12-16 months anyway.

Get a great phone thats available to you when you need a new phone. If its something that you can wait 2-3 weeks for, then hold out for the Pearl 2 or the Curve WiFi (I have absolutely no use for a WiFi, since my company still uses wired networks, and the only other place I'd use it would be Starbucks. I already pay for EDGE, so why bother with a pay hotspot.) if it is something useful to you.

the 9xxxx series may not be released on time, since its still in the middle stages of development. By the time they're finally released, you'll have enjoyed a good phone for 6-8 months. You can then decide if you want to get a new 9xxx and sell your new phone on Ebay, etc.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing when the Pearl 2 comes out. I'm perfectly happy with my Pearl, but what the heck, its been 6 months...
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

cybersmoothy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206792FB

I think I'll wait for the 9XXX to be released.....and make a judgement call then. So with WiFi...I actually have to pay in hotspots...I thought it was like having free data?

Quote Originally Posted by cybersmoothy
    I think I'll wait for the 9XXX to be released.....and make a judgment call then. So with WiFi...I actually have to pay in hot spots...I thought it was like having free data?
    It depends on where you are, what carrier you are with, and what features you have. For instance i walking talking to someone in Minneapolis who said that downtown is one big wifi service. Free and clear anywhere in downtown ( i would assume in a localized area they went totally open wifi) T mobile has Hotspots all across the usa and other places around the globe and if you have a wifi feature on the account you can log on to it. ( they even have TMO hot spots in some McDonald's and Taco Bell)