I'm going to Europe for a couple of weeks on business in October/Novemeber.I know the ... General Blackberry forum

jaydabee no está en línea Stack level 3

A US 7130e bb in Britian

Advertisement

I'm going to Europe for a couple of weeks on business in October/Novemeber.I know the phone will not work, how about email? My corporation is on a BES server if that makes any differance. I'm wondering if I should (shutter,) just leave it at home. :cry:
    Watch what you say,
    they'll be calling you
    a Radical, a Liberal,
    Fanatical, a Criminal . . .

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: A US 7130e bb in Britian

What provider do you have? I travel to London quite often and have otheres that travel to other parts of Europe and they are able to use both phone and data.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

jaydabee,

Hmmm...the 7130e is an EV-DO device (i.e. CDMA-based). So the question is whether you will get EV-DO (or CDMA) service in the UK. My guess is no. But someone that actually lives across the pond would likely know better. So anybody in the UK know if any wireless provider has a CDMA/EV-DO network there?

I say that if you've already done the research to verify that the phone functionality is not available there, the answer is "no, the 7130e doesn't work there".

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Check out this map at the CDMA Development Group's site.

Sorry, but as much as CDMA wants to be something, it's just not a "global" standard, like GSM.

The only thing you'll see on your 7130e is "searching for network". May as well leave it at home!