I really wish they'd release a replacement for the 7290/7250, not an upgrade, which is ... General Blackberry forum

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

A true 72xx replacement, not an upgrade.

Advertisement

I really wish they'd release a replacement for the 7290/7250, not an upgrade, which is what the 870x, 88xx and 83xx models are.

We need a lower cost device with 64MB RAM but without the bling of the 88xx, 870x, and apparently the 83xx lines. A simplified 8800 - same screen, but flat/matte paint, no chrome, no super shiny keys, would be perfect. Something we can deploy hundreds of and not be overly concerned when users break, lose or totally destroy them.

Deploying 8700's is not something that's financially attractive for us, much less whatever the 83xx models will go for.

All we need is something plain but with a good screen that we can just swap the SIM's out of the old device(or move the number if it's a Verizon device), move the data, activate and give to the users. Something the same price as the 7290/7250 is now.

Refurbished devices and prices after rebate with contract don't count for our purposes.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: A true 72xx replacement, not an upgrade.

That sounds like a wise move for RIM to pursue. I would guess for large businesses, the attractiveness of a barebones, but powerful device would be great. I guess the bottom line question from RIM would be the cost vs. return factor.

I think you have a good idea...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

Sounds good.

I was hoping for a data only small device like the 850/950. But, a pinstacker suggested that the networks would never want or buy such a device. Shame that.

gschoelles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

I was just thinking to myself the other day about the 7250 which is still availabe at Verizon and all over eBay for very reasonable prices. I two wish the 7250 were more powerfull but as it is it is like wearing a brick which is nice for those of us that don't wear a suit. I agree that the. 8800 is pretty and fancifull but not durable enough for many of us. I'm investing in several 7250's to avoid contracts and find playing my cards right gives me a quick replacement for close to the insurance deductable.

Anyhow' too windy to say more from my bb in the field.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by patcatuk
    Sounds good.

I was hoping for a data only small device like the 850/950. But, a pinstacker suggested that the networks would never want or buy such a device. Shame that.
    I have kept my 950 for this purpose only LOL I hope it happens.

jasonmo no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i agree with that. The 7250 is a good device if they just put some more memory in it that's all I would need. And a faster proc probably too. I love my 7250 but the memory problems are bad when using google maps and other apps. Even on the bb browser it slow to load web pages. I tried the same on a 7130e and it so much faster. But I'd prefer the full keyboard layout. I wish verizon would do something like that, or make a way so users can add more memory.

SassySweet no está en línea Stack level 2

I know Nextel has NOTHING in sight..... it is killing me the 7520 is fine but man it is huge! we had a meeting with them the other day and they are coming out with a smart phone to use on both networks (Iden & CDMA) but NO blackberry
    I'm going to a blackberry clinic in Grapevine TX next month... we'll see what they say
    well for Nextel / Sprint users anyway...
    I agree with BBWrangler about the 8800 I wouldn't want to give that to our field guys..

mattbrody no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2111E9AA

I did a rush buy of a 7250 not that i regret, but yes... The following would be great

-Mp3 support
    -Large capacity (say 1gb its fine)
    -Emergency call (when loading.. It take a long while it loads... Say you got a 911 to make WTF?? 15min wating.. No way)
    Battery shuld have more talk time (3h its not that much...)

Ohh yeah,, and if my bb could make may homework would be my god

Ders no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e0cb95

I agree with most of you. They need a barebones durable phone. The issue is the cost of the hardware. The difference between having a phone with a faster PROC but not all the frilly MP3 stuff is all software. To truly make a worthwhile "field" device, they would need to cut the costs. They do that mainly with hardware. You cannot cut costs simply by not installing the media player. The problem we have is that we are spoiled by the new hardware. It would be hard to trade my Pearl for my 7100 or a 7290 for that matter. What I would like to see is a super efficient low power option. No camera, sub Pearl screen, FULL keyboard, Wifi?.Wifi hardware is super cheap and they are developing the software now for the upcoming BBs. Something that I could use when I don't want to harm my pearl.