Hi there, Any sorts of help will be greatly appreciated. I am currently using a ... General Blackberry forum

chiaklung no está en línea Stack level 1

A very very technical question about BlackBerry (desperate help needed)

Advertisement

Hi there,
    Any sorts of help will be greatly appreciated. I am currently using a BlackBerry Pearl 8100 which I got from O2 UK when I was studying there. Whilst I was there, I was obviously subscribed to O2's BlackBerry service and synchronized three e-mail accounts; hotmail, yahoo and O2's own BlackBerry e-mail account (ending with o2email.co.uk). As you know, upon synchronizing those three e-mail accounts, three separate icons will automatically appear on my home screen. So when I went back home to Malaysia, I obviously had to cancel my contract with O2 UK and the BlackBerry account as well. But for some foresaken reason (I have no idea why), I deleted my hotmail and yahoo accounts from the O2 login page (via the Edit, Filters, Delete options) but not the one ending with o2email.co.uk. Hence the icon is literally stuck on my homepage and there is no way I can get rid of it despite many attempts to do so. I have called both O2 UK and Maxis Malaysia (my current BlackBerry provider) and they haven't got a clue. I obviously cannot access the O2 UK BlackBerry anymore as I am no longer under contract with them. When I tried to login in, it comes back with "Your account has been suspended. Please contact the system administrator" and O2 UK has no way of 'reviving' it back for me to delete the left over e-mail account (ending with o2email.co.uk) and obviously the icon will be there on my homescreen forever. Please do not suggest to 'hide' it as I have already have a buyer for my Pearl (I am upgrading to the 8130) and he is not happy to be reminded of my name whenever he uses the Pearl in the future.

Any help would most certainly be great. Seaons greeting everyone. Thanks in advance

Adelyne no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: A very very technical question about BlackBerry (desperate help needed)

Have you tried reloading the handheld software on the device

Tried it. Doesn't work. Quirky thing about BlackBerry is, each unit has its own PIN number. Settings will be permanent

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Maybe go to Options/Advanced Options/Service Book and delete the entry for the one that has your O2 Account name?

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Just did it and the icon is still there. But I reckon if that move was feasible, O2 UK and Maxis Malaysia would have suggested it from the start

Just out of curiosity, is there like an 'extreme' method of wiping the handheld clean. because even with the wipe handheld from the security option, residual applications will still be there. anyway is there a method for me to reboot my pearl like how i got it from O2 UK? i am very sure my buyer will be most delighted with that

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

yes the extreme way would be what was suggested in #2 to reload the handheld software but you said you tried that. Here is a guide to do that if you need:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

Are you sure you deleted the service book for that email account? That should make it disappear. There might be two of them listed in the service book for that email account, one CMIME, and one CICAL.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sorry, I would have thought a wipe handheld under security options would do it. The 2 times I did that it wiped my internet (both icons). I had to, I'm assuming resend my service books.