Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have 2 phone lines, a Cingular and a Tmobile. Currently I am using my ... General Blackberry forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

A simple phone to complement your BB

Advertisement

I have 2 phone lines, a Cingular and a Tmobile. Currently I am using my Curve on Cingular mainly for data and a few calls here and there, my Tmobile is my main voice line. However, my Sidekick recently jumped in the toilet and I have been using my Nokia 8800 for my Tmobile line. It's a nice looking phone, no doubt, but the battery life is absolutely horrible! I'm thinking of getting a Motorola Rizr Z3. Relatively inexpensive and it does what I need. Or.. I could get a Tmobile Pearl, but that's a bit overkill just for voice!

So my question is:

Do you use a second phone to complement your Blackberry, and if so, why and what phone?

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: A simple phone to complement your BB

nope.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I am guessing that you use a Cingular BB because of data coverage since I know cost is definitely not cheaper than it would be to use a T-Mobile BB with a data plan. I personally have a backup treo but don't use any other phone other than my BB.

Zo

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

Nope, because of the added expense and extra phones to worry about when I go out. I also don't like to have my pockets jammed full or lots of things clipped to my belt. It just seems redundant to have 2 phones for personal use.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I have my old Razr as a backup in case my Pearl jumps into a toilet. But only for as long as it takes me to get the Pearl replaced...
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Hm, I thought most business users would find use of having 2 phones.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

P.S. since you seem so determined to pay for multiple accounts, I'm sending you my next bill.

As far as business use, I pay for my phone out of pocket then write off at the end of the year. My company does not fork out for it. So only one line for me.
    Last edited by LaTuFu; 07-18-2007 at 07:33 PM.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I use mine for both business and personal use. I prefer having only one device to deal with and since I am the IT guy, I don't have to worry about anyone controlling my data.

Zo

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~know a bunch of people that use their Blackberry just for data and then a simple flip(RAZR?) For voice. I use my Blackberry for both, though.

tj2311111 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I was thinking about picking up a Treo off of eBay. Then use my pearl for a phone and Treo for other stuff. But I decided to use the pearl for everything, just too good.

aardvark78 no está en línea Stack level 1

I hated my razr so very much. Couldn't keep a signal or hear who I was talking to. Now I use my pearl for everything and am totally happy with it.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have a few phones that I can fall back on if my Pearl crashes (which it did 3 months ago and had to be replaced):

BB7100t-which is the phone I used when the Pearl died
    BB7730-don't even get me started on how bad I hate this phone
    SK Color
    SK 2
    SK3-LOVE this phone but the data connection SUCKS thanks to Danger servers
    Samsung E635-the only thing that worked was the voice feature (sending texts and MMS take FOREVER on this phone)
    Nokia 8265i-gift from Mom when she upgraded her phone but it's locked to Cingular

I also have a RIM 950 and a couple 2 way pagers floating around
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 07-18-2007 at 10:14 PM.

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Am I missing something?

I thought the point of a blackberry/Treo whatever was to eliminate having to carry around multiple devices.

I was taking my Palm TX and cell phone with me up until about two weeks ago, when I broke down and got a Pearl.

Now, there's no way I"d go back to carrying extra devices... just too much of a hassle, let alone the extra expense (if I were to get a second telephone).

My opinion... obviously, everyone's needs are different.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

For some, their work requires a separate phone. Some just like having only email on their BB (saving money). Some just want a phone for having on the weekends when they don't want to carry the BB.

In my case, I have a backup to avoid not having something to fall back on when the BB takes a nosedive. This happened recently when I had to borrow my mom's phone to call one of my instructors to find directions to where our class was meeting. My Pearl had taken the aforementioned nosedive and wasn't able to be replaced until the following week. I began carrying my 7100t just in case this happens again.

I may also be getting an unlocked RAZR from my dad (when I can get it unlocked).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 07-18-2007 at 10:17 PM.

level9 no está en línea Stack level 2

I thought about two phones, (I'm a business user), but I found it made my already unorganized life much more unorganized. I got rid of my other phone when I got the blackberry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast