This is exactly funny and amusing. OK, so I buy a Pearl in 10/06 thru ... General Blackberry forum

Eldeano no está en línea Stack level 3

A little something interesting re:TMO

Advertisement

This is exactly funny and amusing. OK, so I buy a Pearl in 10/06 thru the company plan. Get the Pearl and fall madly in love, please don't tell my wife, I think she suspects it though. Any way, after wishing I UPGRADED to BB well before I did, IT HAPPENED. I was getting ready to use the phone and BAM, the lock to the Pearls back door literally broke off. No problem I THOUGHT. T-Molibe has provided me good cell service, why not good customer service and I have a year warranty, only had the phone for several months, but not 12. So I had our admin call TMO.

OK, so here is where it gets weird. My admin said that TMO is essence told her to go pound sand. They would NOT honor the warranty, (they seem to think it happened because of misuse and/or abuse) and I should buy a new one for more than the price of my first one. I handle my phone with kit gloves, thank you very much. WHAT THE HELL!?! So now I'm a bit pissed. So I call TMO, more sand references.

Now I executed Mission Kiss My *** TMO. I contact RIM in Canada. I explain the situation with TMO. RIM seems to understand what I'm getting out. He ask me to hold. Nice hold music too. Less than 4 minutes later, he has a rep with TMO on the line. That rep informs me that there must have been a small understanding as the problem with the Pearl door latch is a known problem, and, I love this part, where should they OVERNIGHT my phone.

Game. Set. Match! So I guess the moral of the story is, RIM can help is certain warranty situations with the service providers. My feeling is TMO is a bit more afaird of RIM than others like AT&T.

If something like this happens to you, give it a try, its free and it work for me!

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: A little something interesting re:TMO

Quote Originally Posted by Eldeano
    My feeling is TMO is a bit more afaird of RIM than others like AT&T.
    Everything comes back to $$$, RIM probably agreed to eat the cost on the replacement

Quote Originally Posted by rw5579
    Everything comes back to $$$, RIM probably agreed to eat the cost on the replacement
    Might be right. But I was amazed how fast RIM got it done.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Eldeano
    Might be right. But I was amazed how fast RIM got it done.
    There is a known issue with the battery door latch falling off but only on models manufactered before 02/07. Since you purchased yours in 10/06 your phone definately qualifies in that time frame and the rep that you talked to first is completely wrong. Same with the second. Unfortunately not all the reps there are too bright. Overall they do fine by me and when i get a guy/girl that actually seems like they have thier head up and breathing fresh air i get all my questions answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    There is a known issue with the battery door latch falling off but only on models manufactered before 02/07. Since you purchased yours in 10/06 your phone definately qualifies in that time frame and the rep that you talked to first is completely wrong. Same with the second. Unfortunately not all the reps there are too bright. Overall they do fine by me and when i get a guy/girl that actually seems like they have thier head up and breathing fresh air i get all my questions answered.
    Excellent point. And I must say that is the only problem with TMO that I have had. In fact, their cell coverage is the best I have had.