Please somebody help me... I need some good information on signal boosters. I have T-Mobile ... General Blackberry forum

Kangaruex no está en línea Stack level 2

A Good Signal Booster?

Advertisement

Please somebody help me...
    I need some good information on signal boosters. I have T-Mobile service and outside of my house I stay on the edge network most of the time. Inside my house I am constantly striking a pose just to pick up some measely GPRS w/one bar. I e-mail or post and I have to hold my phone upside down and above my head to get the signal back. I don't know the difference between boosters or repeaters. I would (naturally) like the cheapest fix, but do not want to waste money on something that will not work. Anybody here with experience or ideas... I would appreciate your help.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ look up Zboost. They make great boosters/antenna replicators for inside the home. Do a search on google for cell booster. Ebay has a few also. Run around $280 a kit.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks Maz. I figured the fix would cost more than a Pringles can! LOL Could I ask you what the difference is between a repeater snd a booster? Is there a difference at all?

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Repeters are more, I would just get a booster, it boosts the signal that the phone is trying to pull like fro 0.5 watts to a full 3 wats like the old bag phones, I like willson boosters, they have home kits and car kits, so out at my lake house I can bring it and then when I'm driving there, same booster, all plug and play. Kinda nice!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Thanks for all the info everyone! Hopefully I will be able to resolve this issue soon.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yea just look up the difference in price between a repeater and a booster. Some companies will give you a grace period to try them out. I know BestbUy is now stocking some of the zboost stuff.

Rags no está en línea Stack level 1
    Not sure if T-Mobile has the same thing to offer, but I live in a strange spot in town where the signal sucks. I got an AirRave through Sprint and now I have the equivilant of a tower in the house with a range that even helps the neighbors out. Plus all my calls here are free with it. Well worth the investment.
    Rags
    Rags To Stitches Productions