Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to blackberrys and I must say it is a wonderful ... General Blackberry forum

adotleezy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2423ACC6

A few questions

Advertisement

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to blackberrys and I must say it is a wonderful device. But I do have a few questions regarding it.

1. I always seem to encounter a problem with Yahoo Go! map widget. Every time I take a phone call or do an application switch and send out an email or text, I come back to find that the maps widget doesn't work and I have to restart. Does this happen to anyone else?
    2. Also, it seems the internet doesn't work or send any signals when I'm on the phone. I always get signed off of jivetalk after almost all my conversations. I was just wondering if this is also normal.
    3. And if so, is there any workaround to be able to use phone and internet simultaneously? I think that would be very useful, I could easily look up information, say directions to a restaurant, while on the phone.

Thanks in advance.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: A few questions

Quote Originally Posted by adotleezy View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to blackberrys and I must say it is a wonderful device. But I do have a few questions regarding it.

1. I always seem to encounter a problem with Yahoo Go! map widget. Every time I take a phone call or do an application switch and send out an email or text, I come back to find that the maps widget doesn't work and I have to restart. Does this happen to anyone else?
    2. Also, it seems the internet doesn't work or send any signals when I'm on the phone. I always get signed off of jivetalk after almost all my conversations. I was just wondering if this is also normal.
    3. And if so, is there any workaround to be able to use phone and internet simultaneously? I think that would be very useful, I could easily look up information, say directions to a restaurant, while on the phone.

Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to the Stacks. As to the questions.
    1. Not too sure, but would stand to reason due to questions 2 + 3
    2. Normal
    3. No way to change it. GSM (voice) + GPRS (data) do not work at the same time. (at least not too well) Hope it helps.

adotleezy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2423ACC6

Ok thanks for the quick response. Still bugs me that I can't do both at the same time ><
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

No GPRS or EDGE phone has the ability to transmit data and voice at the same time, the protocol it just too slow. 3g phones are supposed to be able to do this.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles