Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Originally Posted by taiisha I work for Cingular and quite frankly the deal is NO ... General Blackberry forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by taiisha
    I work for Cingular and quite frankly the deal is NO plan then NO blackberry. If you just want to have the phone without the plan then walk down the block to radioshack
    Wow. I think I've seen people here on the forums who have bought Cingular BB's with no data plans.

ofelas no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: A Blackberry with NO data plan?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by taiisha
    I work for Cingular and quite frankly the deal is NO plan then NO blackberry. If you just want to have the phone without the plan then walk down the block to radioshack

"Wow. I think I've seen people here on the forums who have bought Cingular BB's with no data plans."
    Maybe 'taiisha' won't sell them one without a data plan?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by taiisha
    That's really great customer service. Since when does Radioshack sell BB's for the various carriers?

I know I've purchased Blackberries from Cingular and TMO without BB data plans.

jgrewal no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

i recently just got my data plan cut. Was costing me 60$ a month, for unlimited. which is ridic
    the smallest they have is like 25$ for .5 mb;s.. which is like 10-15 emails if im correct.
    also ridic! they needa up and do somethin quick with the plans... dieing without data..

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Lightbulb Re: A Blackberry with NO data plan?

Technically, but not always followed by at&t reps, we are not supposed to sell the BB's without a data plan. It's the same with any PDA style phone for that matter too. However, the way I see it is, what...5-6 years ago all a PDA would do for you was store your address book, calander, and some other random notes and personal stuff. Palm Pilots are the same way, all the PDA functions, but they don't have radio's to work as phones or get online.

I still do agree, and this is a saying that I tell my customers who come in wanting a BB without the Data Plan, that "buying a Blackberry and not getting a Data Plan is like purchasing an HDTV and still using bunny-ears...it's still going to work for you, but not to the full potential it could and possably what you want it to do."

What it comes down to is that some people just want the organizer functions of the phones. That personally they may not have an e-mail address. You'd be suprised at the number of people who still have no e-mails, even though its free. Some people just dont have the need for everything a BB can do. Some people are happy with getting a Porsche with a 4 cylinder motor in it. Whatever makes them happy!
    Cingular is now the new at&t

wbarrettsberry no está en línea Stack level 1

i sould have read all this stuff first...i got my phone from someone, and it was unlocked just needed a new phone...WB...thanks for the help

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69
    Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    I like bannanas!!!!
    Hey me too! Do your bananas have a data plan? LOL No seriously, I must say that I don't know what I'd do without my data plan. Although, I realize that not everybody needs a data plan. I've been a rep going on 3 years now and I've sold Berrys with and without data. I just take the time to find out what my customer needs. If they want their Berry for an organizer, fine. No problem. If they want it to do everything a Berry does, then I get them the appropriate data plan. Its up to them. I'm not here to sell you something you don't want. I'm here to listen to their needs and try to recommend the right plan.
    We are all BlackBerry users. We just use them differently and that is fine with me. The BlackBerry is a great device. So do what you will with it and enjoy the fact that you have a great phone. Much love to all my BlackBerry brothers and sisters.
    P.S. There are definitely days when I feel under paid, but I'll be darned if that's gonna keep me from educating myself on the devices. Although, I must say that there are a lot of people who sell devices and don't have a clue about them. I do apologize for that. If it was up to me I'd be out in the stores teaching people how use them. Reps and customers. I love these phones and I'd love to share that with the world.
    Thanks for listening or reading for that matter. LOL Take care to all and if you feel under appreciated by your rep, feel free to visit me in good old VA. Peace.

PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

gruv15= P.S. There are definitely days when I feel under paid, but I'll be darned if that's gonna keep me from educating myself on the devices. Although, I must say that there are a lot of people who sell devices and don't have a clue about them. I do apologize for that. If it was up to me I'd be out in the stores teaching people how use them. Reps and customers.

I absolutely agree on that! I had a BB rep come in and I actually showed HIM a few thing on the phone. I would absolutely love my job if I just went around educating people on BB's all day! Granted I've only been a "user" for about 6 months now, I have done all that I can to learn these devices as quickly as possible. This site has been a wonderful help!

gruv15= I love these phones and I'd love to share that with the world.

ME TOO!

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

While I totally think a data plan is a must for me, I really wanted a phone to replace my Palm Pilot and my dying cell phone. While I could have gotten a treo, I liked the size of the Pearl better. Now that I have the data plan, I couldn't go back to a regular phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

I just dont see why people think BB are useless without data, as a normal phone. The main reason i got BB Pearl, is mainly because its a nice looking phone, it was a BB the size of most phones at the time and weighted so much less on top of that. I know of no other device taht has qwerty styled shure type pad. Thats already enough to get pearl, rather then razor or oter cell junk, and while being a BB it was only about 75 dollars more then other phones. It had the same MP3 capability, blutoothand all other stuff as thouse regualr phones. The style of the phone is already worth paying for, but on top of that there is quite a bit open source for bb, then the e office tools make it amazing when combined with qwerty keyboard. even if its for a basic user, the more enough reason for word procceesing users to get one, as it will replace the old big laptop they use.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Smile Re: A Blackberry with NO data plan?

Quote Originally Posted by gruv15
    Hey me too! Do your bananas have a data plan? LOL No seriously, I must say that I don't know what I'd do without my data plan. Although, I realize that not everybody needs a data plan. I've been a rep going on 3 years now and I've sold Berrys with and without data. I just take the time to find out what my customer needs. If they want their Berry for an organizer, fine. No problem. If they want it to do everything a Berry does, then I get them the appropriate data plan. Its up to them. I'm not here to sell you something you don't want. I'm here to listen to their needs and try to recommend the right plan.
    We are all BlackBerry users. We just use them differently and that is fine with me. The BlackBerry is a great device. So do what you will with it and enjoy the fact that you have a great phone. Much love to all my BlackBerry brothers and sisters.
    P.S. There are definitely days when I feel under paid, but I'll be darned if that's gonna keep me from educating myself on the devices. Although, I must say that there are a lot of people who sell devices and don't have a clue about them. I do apologize for that. If it was up to me I'd be out in the stores teaching people how use them. Reps and customers. I love these phones and I'd love to share that with the world.
    Thanks for listening or reading for that matter. LOL Take care to all and if you feel under appreciated by your rep, feel free to visit me in good old VA. Peace.

Preach on brother. ifr only every rep were like us then the world would be a better place
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

a blackberry with out a data plan is like a hot dog without a bun

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If all the reps were like harry, gruv and greg then we wouldn't have issue with mis-informed or even NOT-informed customers

PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

And if the "Company" cared about the BB's as much as we do, the iPhone would be considered a sub-par phone

mdys no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by trigga15
    yeah i couldnt see myself having a blackberry without the data plan...has anyone seen cingulars new data plan? 39.99 for unlimited data plus 1000txt it's called the blackberry personal max
    It's actually listed at $44.99, but you get a $5 "discount" with a voice plan. No voice plan? Guess that would make more sense than no data plan . . .

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast