Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

No one is saying that a blackberry is not a great phone without a data ... General Blackberry forum

krazygirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: A Blackberry with NO data plan?

Advertisement

No one is saying that a blackberry is not a great phone without a data plan it's just the fact that it has a lot more capabilities with one. If you don't have a data plan and don't wish to have one there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Everyone has there own opinions and preferences.

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3

you still could use it like a pda install j2me programs transfer music pics text pdf docs etc..the wifi in the upcoming 8300 is what im waiting for i think with wifi the blackberry would make a good pda even if your not tied to a data plan if you have internet with wifi then all thats left is a phone
    Last edited by jbj9871; 04-13-2007 at 10:45 AM.

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3

with wifi built in you have internet email and all that .so you could get the cheapest voice plan and use wifi for the rest

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Takeshi, what I meant is would someone rather have an expensive device that works well or have a cheap phone that doesn't? I know its possible to get them for less than I quoted.

I know I have had my share of BB devices but its the portability, ease of access to email and the pin messaging that keeps me coming back to the BB. Otherwise, I'd cancel my BIS and use my sidekick 3 for email and chatting (however, sidekicks don't have their own messenger like BB).

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by jbj9871
    with wifi built in you have internet email and all that .so you could get the cheapest voice plan and use wifi for the rest
    Though the only stand-alone mail app on a BB that I know of is the Gmail app. That could change with WiFi on some BB's.

muhcarl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300989A8

I just bought a 7250 off of craigslist and activated it without the data plan. I lost my original phone in taxi cab in Tijuana and was simply looking to replace my lost phone. I got a REALLY good deal on this BB and I am happy with it as is. I bought it because all of the other phones we're even more expensive than this one so I figured what the hey I'll buy this one.

Truth be told, I never use all the features on ANY phone that I have owned as I don't see a need for them. For example I could not figure out for the life of me why I needed a friggin' camera on a phone?!!?? I thought it was the stupidest use of technology I had ever seen. But yet and still all the good plans and phones had cameras so I had one and I NEVER used it since I have digital camera that takes WAY better pictures.

I will get a data plan when I see a need for one. As for right now, I am content with driving my Porsche across the street.
    Last edited by muhcarl; 04-15-2007 at 02:47 PM.

ofelas no está en línea Stack level 3

Here we go - perhaps some power user would be able to answer me this -

"Hi, I have the $25 (10MB) data plan on Verizon's BB 8703e, and I switched to the Pay-per-Use plan as I rarely use more than half MB data per month.

My online account details now correctly say "Pay-per-Use" & "Blackberry Provision".
    Soon after she did this, I get the Data Connection Refused message on my screen.

I rebooted, rebooted again with a battery pull, updated service books, re-entered ESN, re registered Host Routing Table, rebooted in between all them steps, and turned Wireless On & Off.

No luck; any ideas?

Thx."

AND, apparently, one can have pay-per-use data on a BB as evidenced by this post - FWIW-
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...2&page=1&pp=15
    Any one care to help me solve my issue?
    Thx.

bewealthy no está en línea Stack level 1

I bet you that if you call them and ask for them to check their blackberry admin tool they will see that your blackberry profile has been deactivated.

happens a lot when changing plans and not going into this tool to reactivate the profile.

bberryfiend no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4008A977

When i first got my bb thats the first thing I got was a data plan unlimited I didnt waait for them to tell me about oh hell no lol because it can be exppensive arm leg any other part so if u get a bb with no plan youre up the creek without a paddle so u better start swimming lol

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by ofelas
    AND, apparently, one can have pay-per-use data on a BB as evidenced by this post - FWIW-
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...2&page=1&pp=15
    Any one care to help me solve my issue?
    Thx.
    First off, it's not a good idea to hijack a thread.

However, where in the Hofo thread did you see someone successfully using a BB with pay-per-use?

ofelas no está en línea Stack level 3

Where the originator of the sticky posted as in Option 1? Is that info wrong?
    Thx.

taiisha no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e965b9
    I work for Cingular and quite frankly the deal is NO plan then NO blackberry. If you just want to have the phone without the plan then walk down the block to radioshack

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it annoys me that must of you people want everybody to think like u about this phone.
    The pearl is also an MP3 player, camera phone, mass storage, etc. Not all of us need an internet connection to be happy with this beauty. To me is the best looking phone out there and I don't spect all of u to think the same. I love this phone and have had it both, with and without and internet connection. And my thinking towards it has not changed since the first day I got it. The fact that u like to be connected to use all the features of the phone does not mean that all the owners have 2 feel the same.
    And there is nothing that u people need to understand this is not the only phone that has extended features when u have a data plan
    Use ur phone and be happy with it no matter what others do!

PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh yeah one more thing( or 2)
    Its my money!!!!!

BB users who don't have data plans r not babies.

I don't understand RIM is not the property of any of u so why do u care about all the money they make, they're allready making tons selling just the phone

PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh yeah one more thing( or 2)
    Its my money!!!!!

BB users who don't have data plans r not babies.

I don't understand RIM is not the property of any of u so why do u care about all the money they make, they're allready making tons selling just the phone

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast