I like bannanas!!!!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: A Blackberry with NO data plan?

Oh, and I work for TMO, so i get it for free. I can't argue either way...

I've also had way too much coffee! CANDYBAR???
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

chocolate and bananas? hmm...with or without a data plan?

kunalakajim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    214EFD7A

Thumbs up Re: A Blackberry with NO data plan?

its stupid to use it otherwise, a novice should have a hint atleast what BB are so famous for?

In India, strangely GSM is the way to be. Users like me have to buy the handet and provider only provide services. So i bought my pearl for $ 550, but thats the only way i can have it. its an investment, i care and using it to the very best
    Better Times Ahead

Jim
    PIN - 2052B397
    Email - kunalakajim@gmail.com

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Personally I don't think a BB is worth the cost without a data plan. You are missing the features that make a BlackBerry a BlackBerry.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pearlsrock no está en línea Stack level 2

I bought the pearl for the size and the ability to run excell with eoffice.I dont really care about email..I have a computer for that and rarely check it.I looked at the blackjack and the god aweful bigger pda styles and settled on the pearl.It has it all for what I need it to do even without the data plan.

DerDude no está en línea Stack level 1

I bought my BB because I was sick breaking my damn fingers on those stupid small Nokia/Samsung etc phonepads. Besides, I write more SMS as I use my phone for the obvious task (making calls). Sure, it's bad, that I must have a data plan to use it, as advertised! BUT (might only apply for germany) here's the deal: most providers don't have a data plan for the consumer - only business. I ask myself why is it so? I've asked my provider, if I can get a data plan, without being a big business - guess what, they never answered.

But I'm happy with my bb - it does what I want it to do!

One more thing: it's not very polite to call people stupid, just because they don't use a tool as it was advertised. Besides: the blackberry is more known for its format (the full keyboard) than its email functions. (At leasts here in germany)
    Last edited by DerDude; 03-19-2007 at 10:16 AM.

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by DerDude
    I bought my BB because I was sick breaking my damn fingers on those stupid small Nokia/Samsung etc phonepads. Besides, I write more SMS as I use my phone for the obvious task (making calls). Sure, it's bad, that I must have a data plan to use it, as advertised! BUT (might only apply for germany) here's the deal: most providers don't have a data plan for the consumer - only business. I ask myself why is it so? I've asked my provider, if I can get a data plan, without being a big business - guess what, they never answered.

But I'm happy with my bb - it does what I want it to do!

One more thing: it's not very polite to call people stupid, just because they don't use a tool as it was advertised. Besides: the blackberry is more known for its format (the full keyboard) than its email functions. (At leasts here in germany)
    True, is not really "stupid", its all a matter of convenience and personal preference. I know people that use their blackberry only and an addressbook/contact manager only for the keyboard.
    It is like buying a Porsche in the US when you know that there are hardly any places in the US that you would be able to drive it as it was meant to be, nevertheless, if you are like me, I like to have the power available, even if I don't use it.
    Also, there are users that have the blackberry as a data device only and not use its phone capabilities..so like I said, its a matter of personal preference..
    Just my 2 cents

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by likefre
    so like I said, its a matter of personal preference..
    Exactly. Some people just can't understand that different people have different preferences.

pearlsrock no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes for me it was the capabilities not the data.
    Last edited by pearlsrock; 03-23-2007 at 01:50 AM.

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i totally agree with dr woo being a rep for cingular myself I see a bunch of people who want the pearl till the find out that they really need the data plan. Decide to not get it and I can get them in the sync or something else, but there is always the few who still want the phone.and refuse the data I tell them that all they will be able to do it talk anf text and that's all some want.

Also on the bb max plan you can now add 5 bucks and get unlimited mobile to mobile txt with cingular. Pin me if anyone ever has Cingular questions I am always here to help from sales to basic tech support(like anyone needs that here lol).

krazygirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

A blackberry is just an ordinary phone without a data plan.

Stalag17 no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't have a data plan, but I love my Cingular Pearl. I agree that I'm not using it to it's fullest potential, but email and internet, etc just aren't worth an extra $40 a month to me. I work at a hospital, and I'm always just an arms length away from a computer with internet access, and I don't want my work email on my phone, and really don't want my personal email there either. If I had a job where I traveled a lot, it would certainly be worth it.

As to the comments that without the data plan it's just an ordinary phone, I disagree. I've had about 8 phones over the last 15 years, and nothing comes close to the Pearl. Reception is fantastic. As I said I work in a hospital, with a lot of leaded walls (radiation), and I've never gotten reception in the radiology department, until now. This is the single greatest phone I've owned. It is everything I want in a phone, even without the data plan. Mind you, if I had the plan, I'd probably like it even more.

One of the best things about the phone is this site, and all the loyal bb addicts that post to help newbies like me love it even more.

Thanks!

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

W00T!
    Are you guys kidding!
    The Pearl is a great Phone, AND a great BB, I mean if you forget the fact that the Pearl is a BB, you still have a great Phone, cmon we all know regular Cell phone users (non BB) switch phones just for the looks well and some for the capabilities too i.e texting, pics, bluetooth, voice dialing, etc., THUS the reason why lots of PEARL buyers dont care for the data plans.

Dawgfan no está en línea Stack level 2

A birthday party w/o cake and ice cream if you ask me.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast