Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

so can someone tell me the difference.. With sprint they have 2 data plans. the ... General Blackberry forum

krevass no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: A Blackberry with NO data plan?

Advertisement

so can someone tell me the difference.. With sprint they have 2 data plans. the unlimited data plan I have w/ my wifes fusic and my current treo(soon to be 8703) that costs $20. and the bb data plan that costs 40 p/month? I know that I can't have phone as modem w/ out the bb data plan. I just don't care about p.a.m. and I don't care if my emails are as slow as 15 to 20minutes.... Please help.

mocerino no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31801AC9

I am a T Mobile sales rep. Seems that ever since the Pearl came out, most people who purchase it do not want the BlackBerry add on. I explain to them that its somewhat useless without the add on, but most people still don't wanna add the $20 feature. I even try to push it because I make $10 on the feature. And I'm not one of those reps who just tried to sell people things they don't need to make money. In my opinion, I don't see the point in getting a BlackBerry without the add on.

tmag2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    250d3c8f

I will go and tell my 4yrs old to put down my old 7290 that she plays with constantly...(trying to copy her mother and father). I forgot to tell her she needs a Data Plan!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by krevass
    so can someone tell me the difference.. With sprint they have 2 data plans. the unlimited data plan I have w/ my wifes fusic and my current treo(soon to be 8703) that costs $20. and the bb data plan that costs 40 p/month? I know that I can't have phone as modem w/ out the bb data plan. I just don't care about p.a.m. and I don't care if my emails are as slow as 15 to 20minutes.... Please help.
    The only problem with your understanding is the last sentence. That is a false statement. Your emails won't be as slow a 15 to 20 minutes. More like 15 to 20 Years. Without the BlackBerry Data Plan, you can't get any data service on a BlackBerry device.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

On Telus network in Canada if we add a new BB on an account it's impossible to put no data plan on it so this way we're oblige to tell people they need a data plan and that they'll have to pay the phone full price if they don't want the data plan. May sound stupid maybe for some of you but anyway when they don't have they come back complain that their phone doesn't work well and they can access internet
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

yeah i couldnt see myself having a blackberry without the data plan...has anyone seen cingulars new data plan? 39.99 for unlimited data plus 1000txt it's called the blackberry personal max

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by trigga15
    yeah i couldnt see myself having a blackberry without the data plan...has anyone seen cingulars new data plan? 39.99 for unlimited data plus 1000txt it's called the blackberry personal max
    nope...hadn't seen that one...
    gonna have to call that one in...i wish cingular would let you share text (like mobile to mobile) packages.

Alex2k5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i agree the data plan is a must

bug2621 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well, I agree with Dr.woo....I'm a sales rep and I refuse to sell blackberries w/o a data plan b/c the cusomer won't be happy because they just paid a brick of money for an expensive organizer. I find that it is especially important to qualify the customer...because if you don't you just ebd up with an unsatisfied customer

Martin_art no está en línea Stack level 1

well I just got a new blackberry pearl without a data plan, 1.) I got the phone for free with my new contract 2.) I love the phone and its features 3.) and I will get a data plan at some point, just moneys tight right now. so its not like i just wasted my money, Im sure many other people would get blackberrys just for a good phone even if they couldnt get the data plan.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~a bb without a data plan is preety much useless to me. Might as well get a regular flip phone.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    A BlackBerry without a data plan is like a Drag Queen. Looks good on the outside, but is lacking vital organs on the inside.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    No insult to Drag Queens intended.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

A blackberry with no data plan is like life without air. Okay that was a little cheesy but you get my point. I really would like to see people get the blackberry to use it for its full capabilities butunfortunately that won't happen. I know some people don't get the data plan because all they need is a device with bluetooth and big screen and the ability to use a calender qwerty keypad and to back up there contacts. Which most normal devices won't do or have. As a sales representative I try and get potential blackberry users on the data plan as well and discourage getting a blackberry if I know they are in over there heas with these devices but there are going to be a few users out there who can take full advantage of the blackberry for their needs without having a data plan~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    not trying to tell someone what to do, just trying to understand why...that's all.
    Sorry, just bothered by the number of people who insist that you "must" have a Blackberry data plan and state it as fact when it clearly isn't true. It's really misleading for those new to the Blackberry. Granted, one doesn't benefit from the full capabilities without data however...

I could make the same arguments for BES and how pointless it is to use a Blackberry without BES and how "you're missing out on its full potential" but everyone has different needs. Similarly, there are those who don't need or want a data plan at all. Whether or not you can understand their reasons for not going with a plain cell phone instead doesn't make their decisions invalid.

If you need the BES data plan, great. If you don't need BES but instead need BIS, great. If you don't need either, great. There's no need to foist your needs and opinions on others who may not be in the same boat.

The best thing is that we all have choices.
    Last edited by takeshi; 02-20-2007 at 04:10 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast