Heres the lowdown of my situation. 1.I've been with T-Mobile since 2004. (wow I'm a ... General Blackberry forum

dr3x320 no está en línea Stack level 2

A Blackberry Predicament, need help

Advertisement

Heres the lowdown of my situation.

1.I've been with T-Mobile since 2004. (wow I'm a great customer).

2. June 24, 2007 I purchased a Pearl for business, luckily I was able to get it unlocked 2 days after
    and ready to leave on my business trip to China on June 27th.

3. I just came back, and unfortunately my Pearl was stolen in China (just the phone not the TMO SIM card.) I recently arrived back to the U.S. on 8-7-07, yesterday.

4. I reported the phone stolen to TMO called 611 from another phone.

5. I'm on a 2000 minute Family time plan with 2 additional lines (3 Lines/Phones total).
    ------------------------------
    I tried to talk to TMO in purchasing another Pearl or another BB, they said I wouldn't be able to get
    any discounted price if I purchase 1 or 2 additional Pearls, (I'll be buying 2 if I can get the discounts for my finance since we're doing business internationally, she PC illiterate but a guru on cell phones, go fig?

So heres my problem and what I'm trying to do:
    1. Either buy 1 or 2 Pearls at the discounted price of $150/each.
    2. Either buy 1 or 2 Pearls or wait for the WIFI 8830 from TMO to come out.
    3. Either buy 1 or 2 BB's from a 3rd party source, ie amazon.com, *Note* I will not purchase phones from ebay.com, are there any other wholesale or websites like amazon.com that offer cell phones at a good price without service plans attached?
    4. Is it possible to purchase a 3rd party BB not from TMO, and have it unlocked from TMO? ie getting the code from them?

I've heard TMO is coming out with the WIFI BB, 8830 I believe in possibly in Sept or Oct?, I'll be taking another business trip sometime in mid September, but not guaranteed.
    Wait for the WIFI, or snag the Pearls if I can find them at a good price?
    Is there any other way to solve my problem?

Obviously I'm in a pickle...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: A Blackberry Predicament, need help

According to Amazon, you can get the Pearl if you activate a line of service for HER. I don't see any option to get a Pearl WITHOUT a new line of service for yourself though.

dr3x320 no está en línea Stack level 2

Is it possible to activate another line on my contract and purchase a phone from amazon.com with that package they have? Looks like I can't purchase any phone from amazon unless I sign up for ANOTHER service plan, which kind of defeats the purpose?

Price: $47.94
    (when purchased with new service plan)
    You Save: $302.05 (86%) Rebates: $50.00

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

What about purchasing a used device for your use until wi-fi comes out, and then getting new BBs for both of you?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Won't have to wait very long for the Wifi BB's http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...formation.html

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by dr3x320
    So heres my problem and what I'm trying to do:
    1. Either buy 1 or 2 Pearls at the discounted price of $150/each.
    2. Either buy 1 or 2 Pearls or wait for the WIFI 8830 from TMO to come out.
    3. Either buy 1 or 2 BB's from a 3rd party source, ie amazon.com, *Note* I will not purchase phones from ebay.com, are there any other wholesale or websites like amazon.com that offer cell phones at a good price without service plans attached?
    4. Is it possible to purchase a 3rd party BB not from TMO, and have it unlocked from TMO? ie getting the code from them?
    1. Probably your best option, IMO -- or buying refurbs.

2. There's no telling when TMO's 83xx (not the 8830 -- that's CDMA) will be released until TMO makes an official announcement. Anything else you hear is speculation.

3. Good luck and read the fine print. Amazon won't allow you to do anything involving family plans with at&t and I suspect it's similar with other carriers.

4. If it's a TMO BB, yes. TMO can't unlock BB's from other carriers though.

Quote Originally Posted by dr3x320
    she PC illiterate but a guru on cell phones, go fig?
    There's no relationship. I'm a PC guru and I can't use my office phone.