So I don't know what phone to get. I really want GPS. I like wifi ... General Blackberry forum

bacon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

8820 or curve

Advertisement

So I don't know what phone to get. I really want GPS. I like wifi but don't need it. I can get a tmobile curve for $100 and buy a Bluetooth GPS receiver for $60 to $100. Or I can get an 8800 for $200. The 8820 is $350 I think and it's only adding wifi. I have an 8100 and wanted to lose the suretype keyboard. I am a tmo customer but my contract is up, they still say I am upgrading though, which is BS. That's why I got a 1 year so I can get a new phone in a year. So I am stuck between shelling out a bunch of money for an 8800 model or saving money with a curve. One thing I like about the 8100 is the holstered option none of those have that option, right? Thanks for the advice

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    what are you going to use the GPS for? If you have a hard-on like I did at first, then you came to the right place. I too was really stoked about the GPS and wanted it bad, but I was looking to use it during road trips. The great part is that Google came along and had released a new ver of Gmaps (after I had already got the wifi), luck some may say.

After thinking about it, I was better off getting the wifi since I now use H@H, which has helped with my reception problem. Dont look at the money at first, weigh your feature, and then weigh those agains the price. It really comes down to what do you want more.

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

What are you talking about when you say the holstered option?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    If you mean the device enters "sleep"mode in the holster, then all BB devices have that capability. It depends on the holster.

Do you want a camera on the phone? 88xx does not have the camera, Curves do.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by boob_1029 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

What are you talking about when you say the holstered option?
    The Pearl knows when it's in the case because the magnets put the phone in standby.

somthinsim: Thanks for the info, and yes I guess I do have a hard-on for gps. My brother has an in-dash gps in his car and I love it. Being able to find cheap gas prices, restaurants and stores is priceless to me. I dont want to buy a phone and say, "Man I wish I got that one" which is prolly what is going to happen when the bold comes out. I think it is going to be way over priced though.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    If you mean the device enters "sleep"mode in the holster, then all BB devices have that capability. It depends on the holster.

Do you want a camera on the phone? 88xx does not have the camera, Curves do.
    That's awsome all BB's did that. Thanks!

I wasn't very happy with the pictures my 8100 took, so I will pass on that feature.

Abercrombie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me//
    i think GPS is the way to go, i don't think you really need wifi if you have a data plan
    Sprint Curve red♥ & AT&T Bold
    Javelin/Curve 8900
    soon to be Mrs.George

twitter