Just after a few pointers from people who have experience. After having loads of problems ... General Blackberry forum

ori
    ori no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250568E6

8800 or stick to pearl

Advertisement

Just after a few pointers from people who have experience.
    After having loads of problems with my pearl which I hope are now fixed, it is upgrade time and I am actually thinking of the 8800. I don't like the curve because if I'm going for a big phone I want the full spec including that GPS thingy.
    What are peoples experience in the real world.
    Thanks,

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: 8800 or stick to pearl

its a tuff call each phone 8100,8300,8800 all have there pro's and con's but if you want the GPS feature then i would go with the 8800

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

A real keyboard... enuff said.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It's pretty much a matter of personal preference. Review the features at Blackberry.com. Try out a full qwerty BB at the shop and see what fits you best.

rpool no está en línea Stack level 2

Love the 8800 ! BlackBerry Maps and Google Maps for 8800 work great with the GPS !

I've got a 1 gb micro sd in mine. An Executive here put a 2 gb micro sd in hers, and had me convert her exercise DVDs and load them on her device. Very nice !

Wish it played MP3s through bluetooth headset though...

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had the 8830 with a 4 gig micro SDHC card and went back to my 8703e. Although I wanted the media player it was too crippled for me. The keyboard on the 8800 seroes is absolutely useless in dim light and I tend to do my blackberrying late at night when everyone else is asleep so by by it went. I'm now waiting for the Verizon Curve.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

i love my pearl but if you want gps and a full keyboard go with the 8800 it's not a bad device just doesn't have a camera...

goodluck on the verizon curve coming out anytime soon

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~check out the features of each. Try typing a lot on each also. I didn't like the 8800 keyboard. I'm sticking with my 8703 till the Curve is available.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

I just purchased a used 8800 after having a Pearl for a few months. I loved the size of the Pearl and what it could do, I just wanted to check out the larger screen and keyboard of the 8800. I am really enjoying it and now need to decide if I should sell the Pearl. I'm sticking with the 8800, it's a great device.

andy_mobile no está en línea Stack level 1

The 8800 is very cool. The Curve; well let's just say, when I told my mate I'd bought a Blackberry Pearl, he said 'Aw cool, I want one of those!' He'd got Pearl / Curve mixed up lol. Though he still loves my 8100.

Still... I like the Pearl's form factor. Maybe it's because I'm young, and a 20 year old with an 8800 would just look, well, a bit silly. Maybe it's because my 8100 is a personal phone, and I don't use it for business - and so having an 8800 would look a little excessive, like I'm tryna be someone I'm not. And my gf has just about the skinniest Sony Ericsson ever made, so I'd open myself up to endless piss taking, heh. So that's what made me go for Pearl over 8800 / Curve sized bb's.

andy.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Hey, Andy, are you calling me old because I have an 8800? : )

Both have positives and I do love the way the pearl fits snugly in my pocket. I just can't put down the 8800 with the large screen and keyboard!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~