Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Im the guy who bought that 8700v A problem i am having is using the ... General Blackberry forum

ToY9CiTo no está en línea Stack level 2

8700v can the "Y" and "Z" keys be Switched back around??

Advertisement

Im the guy who bought that 8700v A problem i am having is using the phone is something i never noticed before the Z and the Y are switched on the Keypad i guess its a UK version Keypad i wasnt aware of...

1)
    Is there anyway i can change that back even if the keys on the outside dont show it.

2) can i switch it internally or do i need to change the keypad itself

3) Is it impossible to move those keys?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by ToY9CiTo
    Im the guy who bought that 8700v A problem i am having is using the phone is something i never noticed before the Z and the Y are switched on the Keypad i guess its a UK version Keypad i wasnt aware of...

1)
    Is there anyway i can change that back even if the keys on the outside dont show it.

2) can i switch it internally or do i need to change the keypad itself

3) Is it impossible to move those keys?
    Impossible...Well, actually, anything is possible...

The keypad is all together, so you can't change out an individual key.

But, if somehow you can extract the ALX file and go in and edit it to remap the keys, well, let me know because you need to be employed with RIM.

What do u mean let u know? I am NOT employed with rim I don't even live in Canada.can I just load the .ALX from a 8700c or 8700g and it would over ride this section of the alx that controls that?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Nah...Pretty sure you'd need to actually go in and reprogram it somehow, but like I said, you'd probably have to work for RIM or be very knowledgeable in Computer Science in order to do so...

Gosh Darnet...why do the English gotta be different and have a totally diferent key arrangement for...I type so much that it's so annoying to keep changing the placement of the Y key.speciallz since the Y is such a common letter used in my native language..I wind up gettin a bit lost when I'm typing real fast..if anyone has a clue please let me know if changing the under keypad will at least help.

senna174 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i think you are using the German Keyboard rather than the English Keyboard. I occasionally go to RIM in Waterloo to do some work. I can ask around, but no guarantee. Let me repeat myself, I CANNOT GUARANTEE ANYTHING WHICH MEANS I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN HELP YOU.

I think u are correct that its German keypad..because when I put in my sim card and activated it I got a sms message with Swisscom so I think this fone has been around europe even though it was bought in the UK...if u can help out with any input I would greatly appreciate it...thanks a bunch...there is no chance RIM would help out with an. Issue like this.I thought switching UnderKeypads would do?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    ToY9CiTo,

I think the only way to do this would be writing a Java Applet to re-interpret the key mapping. I don't know how hard this would be using the Blackberry Java Development Environment and the Sun Java J2SE Software Development Kit, both of which are free downloads, but that is the only thing I can suggest. You might want to check out the Blackberry Developers Website if you are really interested in trying this.

Sorry
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

You would think it's something easier controlled with hardware rather than software.cause I changed the OS already to the new bhaldi 2.0.0.143 and it still uses the letters the same way.wouldn't that just be easier done by RIM by remapping the under keypad touch panel? The thing under the keypad.? Can anyone cancur?I don't have a 8700g keypad around to check.anyone tried this?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by ToY9CiTo
    You would think it's something easier controlled with hardware rather than software.cause I changed the OS already to the new bhaldi 2.0.0.143 and it still uses the letters the same way.wouldn't that just be easier done by RIM by remapping the under keypad touch panel? The thing under the keypad.? Can anyone cancur?I don't have a 8700g keypad around to check.anyone tried this?
    That's not going to be possible...If you look underneath the keypad, you will see what I mean...Each key is designated...Physically there will be no way to change that.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    I may have misunderstood...To remap the keys, you are going to go through a TON of work, and that's actually going to consist of going into the software.

Hardware, would be like physically somehow manipulating one key so that when it's pressed, it actually activates a different key by some type of physical alteration on the device itself, which, if you want to try, I wish you luck.

Maybe you'd just be better off selling that 87 and purchasing one with the keyboard that you prefer?

senna174 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Toy,

I just got off the phone with one of my friend who is an engineer for RIM. I mentioned your problem to him and he said it would probably be best for you to get a new device. Like N8 mentioned, there is too much work involved to have it remapped. Cheers!!!

mErlin21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tmag2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    250d3c8f
    Its a European Mode. Swisscom for a start is a Carrier in Switzerland.

I am on UK 8700g and i have full QWERTY. QWERTZ is def not UK.

I would recommend selling it to fund the keybooard layoput that you want.

Hope that helps you...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast