Hey Gang: I was wondering if there was a good general 3rd party add-in that ... General Blackberry forum

HSA
    HSA no está en línea Stack level 1

8700C Software Add-In

Advertisement

Hey Gang:

I was wondering if there was a good general 3rd party add-in that would help in editing MS Word and Excel files? It can get confusing as there are so many add-ins out there. I noticed that the Treo has built in software to handle Excel and Word files.

I figure I'd throw it out there!

Thanks

HSA

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: 8700C Software Add-In

Quote Originally Posted by HSA
    Hey Gang:

I was wondering if there was a good general 3rd party add-in that would help in editing MS Word and Excel files? It can get confusing as there are so many add-ins out there. I noticed that the Treo has built in software to handle Excel and Word files.

Thanks

HSA
    Search Handango.com. They have a lot of BB software. So does the RIM site and the software section of this board.

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Re: 8700C Software Add-In

Quote Originally Posted by HSA
    Hey Gang:

Thanks

HSA
    There are a few options but to my mind they are pretty expensive so I have not bought them. Before swapping to a BB late last year due to a work change I was a long time Pocket PC user. As you probably know the PPC comes with basic (but workable) versions of excel and word in built. I had also bought some more functional 3rd party applications because I used these files a lot.

Back to now... I'm currently still tossing up if buying the applications like eOffice http://www.dynoplex.com/eOffice.shtml are worth the money.

I guess only you can decide if they are worth the money for you. Currently I am using my laptop more for that type of interaction rather than my BB where as in the past I would have used my PPC.

I have bought their eSpell and after a some issues getting the registration to work I am finding that a handy edition.

Hope this helps.

Ed