I got an 8700c about two weeks ago. It is my first BlackBerry and I ... General Blackberry forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

8700c or 7130c?

Advertisement

I got an 8700c about two weeks ago. It is my first BlackBerry and I really like it, but not crazy about the size, especially coming off a Razr. I went to the Cingular store and tried the 7130c. It felt more like a phone. I think I can handle the suretype keyboard, although I hear it takes time to get used to it. I really want a Pearl, but not sure if I can't wait that long, so maybe the 7130c would tie me over. Anyone go from an 8700c to a 7130c and were happy with it? Any feedback opinions on the 7130c would be greatly appreciated.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 8700c or 7130c?

Those two choices basically come down to QWERTY or suretype. IT will depend on your email and messaging usage etc.

Also see:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rry_phone.html
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...must_read.html

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

if I were u i'd atleast try the 7130 out. if you are coming off of a razor you'll be a bit more familar with the suretype keyboards
    i've been a BB user for 5 years so i'm kinda stuck on the qwerty keyboard.
    Since you are a new BB user i'd try the suretype at the very least
    besides doesn't Cingular offer 30 day returns?

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

If I started with the 7130, then I would not be in this dilemma Cingular does offer 30 day returns, but I don't want to buy a phone on contract until the Pearl comes out. I did try the 7130 out at the store and it felt more like a phone. I will probably buy one and try it out and sell whichever one I don't want on here and ebay.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~If your heart is set on the pearl then a 7130 is a reasonable interim solution.In terms of core competencies,there isn't anything to choose between them really.