Just looking around to see what phone I want to get in August when I ... General Blackberry forum

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4

8530 curve ?

Advertisement

Just looking around to see what phone I want to get in August when I go to renew my contract, and I saw the new curve 8530 with the track pad. Reviews anyone??? Or maybe any suggestions as to what I should get?

I probably should mention that I have an 8130 pearl right now, and I want to grow up, lol!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I have a couple of friends considering the same device. Noticed we don't have a thread for that device yet, so we're working on that, but from what I've seen, it's not that much different than my 9700! WiFi, 3G, GPS.....256mb. About the only difference is that the 9700 has a 3.2mp camera. The 8530 has 2.0.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I believe also there is no flash for the camera
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thanks, AZ. I'll have to check into that as well.

Yep, no flash for the camera on this device.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The 8530 specs should be the same as the 8520 except it will be CDMA and no sim card.

Check out the 8520 section for threads related to this model series.
    Thread with thoughts on the device.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    My two cents if I may - ther 8520 is a work-horse ! Reliable and stable ! I like the media keys on the top. Quick access to media player... The back cover should be a little more resitant to scratches. Otherwise, a good BB with a wonderful track pad...
    Question for azstar - any news on the new 9100 (Pearl)?

The 8530 also has 3G and GPS. The 8520 does not, plus it's a GSM device. Our OP is on a CDMA network it appears.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Question for azstar - any news on the new 9100 (Pearl)?
    That's the phone I'm hopefully waiting for. I had found a release date for it somewhere.

Thanks for the feedback! Of course the pearl was my introduction to the BB world, and as with many just thought it was a phone with internet. But now it is an extension of myself. I love the small compact size of the pearl, and after having it over a year have gotten really used to the keyboard. But, I really want to move up to at least a full keyboard, lol. And the track pad is, from what I could tell from playing with the demo curve I looked at, a MUST have. I am intrigued by the 9700 but not really sure for my needs, that I really need all that. But then again, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it, lol. I just really liked the look and feel of the curve, though. Of course if AllTel would come out with the iphone, or droid, I might go in that direction too, lol. Well I have until August to decide.

August? LOL! Well hopefully you'll have a few more options to choose from by then.

LOL! Yeah probably so. We signed a 2 year contract with AllTel and they had the "buy 1 pearl, get 1 free" deal going on. Then a few months later Verizon bought them out. Unfortunatly, our carrier became some little southern wireless company that I had never heard of. It is still AllTel, just different. And then they came out with the new 1 year contract where you can actually upgrade your phones every 9 months. Anyway! We are actually very happy with our service and coverage, just don't like having to wait 2 years before we can get a new phone, lol. Plus I just like doing a little research on things before I make big decisions. And to me, seeing how big a part of my daily life involves my BB, this is a BIG decision. Especially when you look at all of the smart phone on the market now. Also, by August, as fast and as many new phones are coming out, there's NO telling what may be here then, lol.

nick88 no está en línea Stack level 2

tethering the 8530

does anyone know if tether bery will work for the 8530 on sprint