I'm looking to get my wife a berry for her bday so we can bbm ... General Blackberry forum

granwsmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2093876C

8520 or 8900???

Advertisement

I'm looking to get my wife a berry for her bday so we can bbm and she can access the internet n email with ease.
    The Bold I think is too much for what she'd use it for. Rogers is offering the New 8520 with trackpad for $49 w/3yr plan and the 8900 for $79 w/3yr plan.

I'm curious to which is the better option. Ill be purchasing this wknd and I am leaning towards the 8520 at this moment, but there has to be advantages to the 8900, right????

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by granwsmith View Post
    I'm looking to get my wife a berry for her bday so we can bbm and she can access the internet n email with ease.
    The Bold I think is too much for what she'd use it for. Rogers is offering the New 8520 with trackpad for $49 w/3yr plan and the 8900 for $79 w/3yr plan.

I'm curious to which is the better option. Ill be purchasing this wknd and I am leaning towards the 8520 at this moment, but there has to be advantages to the 8900, right????
    If the price difference is not an issue, the 8900 is a far better Phone! Starting with screen, the quality of scrípt... Etc.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The 8520 is a lower end model, no flash for the camera so unless she will only take pics in full sunlight they will not be very good. The trackpad is a big improvement over the the trackball though. Finding themes for the 85xx series is harder for some reason. I'm not sure if they have the same amount of internal memory or not.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The 8900 is a better device all around......the only thing the 8520 bests the 8900 at is the trackpad. I haven't had any issues with the 8900's trackball, but if your wife is as tough on phones as mine is, I might go with the 8520 for the durability of the trackpad.

The 8900 also has better screen resolution and GPS........the memory is the same (256).

Adding to azstar's point.....not only is there not a flash, but the 8900 is 3.2 mps and the 8520 is 2mps.

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    8900 hands down....